Chapter 4

I apologize for this taking so long. I've had homework, and stories I have been reading, and I just had the worst writer's block, plus, I wanted this chapter to be longer and I just couldn't figure out where to stop it at. But, here it is.

Chapter 4

Cassie's POV

The Next Day

I slowly wake up, feeling very comfortable. I don't know why until I realize I am laying on top of someone because my head is on their chest and I can hear their heartbeat. Last nights events flood my mind and I shiver because of the alpha then smile because of the kiss Derek and I shared. I feel a hand run through my hair and then I hear Derek's voice.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" he says, making me blush. His voice is soft and I can tell he is smiling. I sigh in contempt and smile again, keeping my eyes closed.

"MmmmMorning" I say, dragging out the 'm' I feel Derek chuckle underneath me and it makes me smile wider.

"How did you sleep?" Derek asks me.

"...Better than I have in a while..." I answer, blushing again. He runs his fingers up my spine, making me shudder.

"Good" he whispers and kisses my hair. I nod slightly but don't say anything, not wanting to get up at all. I feel him sigh after a long time.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"We need to get up...We never checked your wounds from...him" Derek says, but I know he is talking about the Alpha. I suppress a shiver and nod.

"Okay" I whisper. I move to get off Derek but he holds me to him. I look up at him in confusion but his face is emotionless. He sits up and as he does, he swoops me into his arms, holding me Bridal Style like he had last night. I can't help the giggle that slips out of my mouth as he carries me to the bathroom.

Derek sets me on the counter of the sink and grabs a dishcloth, telling me to take off his jacket and that is when I realize I am still wearing it. I can't help but blush before doing as he says, taking off his jacket, exposing my chest to him. He wets the rag and starts to wash off my body, making me wince when the rag touches the claw marks. After a few minutes, I sigh.

"Why don't I just take a shower? I can wash my body clean of any blood or dirt that may be on me and you don't have to stare at my bare chest and stomach or worry about hurting me" I suggest. Derek sighs and looks me in the eyes before nodding, setting the rag down beside me.

"Okay" Derek says before I hop down off the counter. Derek walks out of the bathroom and I swear he mutters under his breath I never said I minded staring at you though.

When the door is shut, I strip completely and get into the shower and quickly clean myself, wincing slightly as I wash my wounds. After about ten minutes, I am as clean as I am going to get and I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Derek sitting on my bed, staring at the floor, lost in thought. He looks up when the bathroom door opens and I blush deeply and walk over to my closet, staring at the floor as I walk. I can feel his eyes on me, watching my every move. I easily find an outfit I like and I pull it out then start heading back to the bathroom to change. His eyes follow me the whole time.

Break In Time

Cassie's POV

I walk out of the bathroom dressed in a light blue shirt, dark blue jeans, and black boots. When I walk out, Derek stares at me and I can't help but blush again. I clear my throat and Derek's eyes meet mine.