chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Ally, are you okay?” asked Trish, the minute Dez and Ally left music class. Ally shook her head slowly and quietly continued walking towards a row of lockers. “She got paired up with Moon and got detention after school with him too,” Dez told her, as Ally opened her locker.

“Austin isn’t what I’m worried about though, it’s Issac” Ally said, roughly.

Trish raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

“every day after school, I pick him up by seven eleven and we walk home together but today I can’t and I really don’t want to leave him alone with d- “ she stopped and cleared her throat. “ I really don’t want to leave him alone. He’ll be bored”’

Dez chuckled. “Alls, he’s thirteen! I’m sure he’ll be okay!”

Trish turned to Dez with a stern face. “Dez, can you please leave the two of us alone? I have to talk to Ally in private”

The red hair boy looked at them both and then finally nodded. “Sure, I have to go find Camilla anyway for the whole project thing. See you, guys!”

Both girls watched as their friend walked away before turning back to each other.

“So you don’t want to leave Issac alone with your dad?” asked Trish as she took out a bag of chips and opened it.

“Yeah,” continued Ally with a small frown. “Who’s going to protect him when I’m not there?”

Trish thought a bit before taking a bite of her chips. “He can come to my house! JJ and him are always playing video games anyway!”

Ally’s eyes brightened. “Would you do that for me, Trish?”

The Latina girl nodded her head with a smile. “Of course, that’s what best friends are for! Plus, I don’t think my mom will mind! You’re like a daughter to her!”

Ally smiled widely as she gave Trish a bone- crushing hug. “Thank you so much.” She softly mumbled as her eyes began to grow watery.

“You’re welcome. Now please let go, your crushing my chips!”

Austin recklessly walked down the abandoned hall with an angry expression on his face. He was planning on teaching his little sister, Kirsty, how to ride a skateboard but he was stopped by the sudden event. If only he hadn’t been paired up with the worst girl in school; then he would’ve been able to keep his promise.

He entered the detention classroom only to find Ally sitting in the front row of seats reading a book. “Dork,” he said as he fiercely bumped into her. The brunet girl looked up from her book but then quickly began into it again. Austin took a seat on the last row and placed his feet up on the wooden desk as Mrs. Wilson entered the classroom with a snobby look on her face.

“Hello, delinquents, “she began as she shot each of them a look. “You will both be in here for an hour and learn to behave like young women and men should. You are not allowed to do anything that involves technology or standing up. Am I clear?” the two teenagers nodded their head at the teacher. “Now, I will come to check up on you both in a bit and I expect good behavior!” the middle age woman looked at them one more time before leaving the classroom.

“So,” began Austin, breaking the silence. He stood up and took a seat next to Ally. “What are you reading, Mrs. Thrift store?”

“Vampire kisses, “she said without looking up.

“What is it about?”

“Werewolves, “she snapped at him. “It’s about werewolves”

He crinkled his nose at the sudden change in Ally’s personality. “That was rude!”