hurry up and save me chapter 6

Author's note:

im really sorry i havnt uploaded sooner. Hw has officially overtaken my life.i felt so bad because i know you guys want more, so i spend all today finishing the chapter.Some of you have already moved on from this story, and its fine. But this chapter is too all who have waited patiently since the very beginning :) p.s. please tell me what you think because sincerly Cassi was suppose to revise it for me but hey, YOLO.

Chapter 6

Austin continued staring at the ticking clock while tapping his foot, impatiently. He ran his fingers through his blond hair for the fourth time before hurling himself onto his king sized bed. Where are they, he thought to himself, staring up at the ceiling. He was suddenly debating between continuing to wait or heading towards the front door with his car keys and revisiting his usual path to school.

He wasn’t sure why he so eagerly waited for the arrival of Ally and Issac, knowing school had only ended half an hour ago. He had considered offering them a ride, but his fear of being seen was superior, so instead he had offered Tilly. Today had been the average day rutein in Long High, which included pausing Ally into a row of lockers and calling her a loser, despite taking her out for dinner the day before. His stomach twisted at the thought of Ally’s face when he had called her a freak. Austin was aware that he hadn’t meant it, but the sorrow in her eyes haunted him excruciatingly.

“Ready to work on the song?” he heard a high pitch voice ask. He sat up in relief and smiled at the sight of Ally and Issac.

“Yeah,” he stared at Ally for a few seconds, his eyes looking straight into hers full of remorse. She turned her head away.

“I got the play station ready for you Issac” he said, after a couple of seconds.

Issac grinned, awkwardly. “Thanks,” he responded, taking a seat on the carpet and taking the game control into his hands.

Austin turned back to Ally, placing his hands in his pockets. “So... you wanna get started?”

Ally nodded her head, taking a seat next to Austin on the piano bench. “I was thinking about lyrics for the song and I thought about this” she placed her fragile fingers on the piano and cleared her throat. “That summer we met, we started as friends; I can’t tell you how it all happened. Then autumn it came, we were never the same, those nights everything felt like magic.” She hit the last note perfectly, causing Austin’s jaw to drop. He always had a melody for a song, but he could never find the inspiration he needed for words. He was surprised how easily the verses came to her.

“Wow, Ally, that was incredible!” he heard a faint giggle.

“I don’t know, it just… came to me”

Austin shook his head, standing up from the bench. “Lyrics don’t just magically appear; you need inspiration. Who’s it for?” the last words were spat with a mixture of curiosity and jealousy. He would never admit it to anyone, but the thought of Ally liking another guy struck him like a knife. Just because he was too popular to date her didn’t mean he didn’t have the urge to punch a wall. Or better yet, punch the guy.

Ally simply shook her head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about”

She reached for her backpack but was stunned when Austin pulled her hand into his.  “Come on, tell me” he pleaded, putting on his puppy eyes.

The seventeen year old hesitated, but then pulled her hand away. “Why should I tell you anything? We’re nowhere near friends” she answered, coldly.

Austin raised an eyebrow, slightly hurt. “Ally, why are you acting this way?”

She jumped up from the bench. “Oh, does it hurt? Poor baby!”

“Ally, stop!”

“No!” she cried out. “You shouldn’t be in my business”

Austin grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. “Your business is my business” he mumbled, his breath caressing her olive skin. He stared deep into her eyes softly as he tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. He could feel her body tense up at his touch, a minor smirk appearing on his face. Her lips were perfect at that moment, irresistible. He continued to stare into her chocolate eyes and slowly leaned in, but was surprised at a sudden sharp pain going through hum

“Ow!” he screamed, painfully feeling his stomach. “What the hell?”

Ally’s eyes widen and a gasp scaped her mouth. “I’m sorry, Austin, I – it was an instinct! I didn’t mean to punch you”

Austin looked down at her. ‘’Are you scared of kissing me?” he asked, somewhat amused.

He chuckled seeing Ally’s face turn red. “Scared of kissing an idiotic jerk? Never.”

“Whatever, you wanted that kiss as much as I wanted it”

“You self-centered git!”

“And that’s why you wrote that song for me” he assumed, sitting down on his bed again. “You know if you keep rolling your eyes, they’ll get stuck and you’ll have to walk around like that for the rest of your life” he referred to Ally’s rolling eyes.

She walked closer to him, her arms crossed over her chest. “You’re scary stuff, you know that?” she glimpsed at his clock and began pacing nervously. “Oh no!”

“What wrong?” questioned Austin, concerned.

She ignored him and ran towards Issac, taking off his earphones. “Issac, what time does dad get back from work today?”

The young boy stared at her, nervously. “Five thirty. Why?”

She grabbed him by the arm and rapidly gathered her things. “I’m sorry, Austin, but we have to go…now”

He didn’t understand why they were in such a hurry; they had only arrived not so long ago. “Why?” he asked, disappointment in his voice.

“My dad… He’s coming and... I got to make him dinner”

“I’ll take you home! I can’t wait to meet h-“

“No!” shouted Issac, causing Austin to jump. “Trust me; he gets grumpy when he comes back from work” the frightened tone in his voice puzzling Austin. He couldn’t figure out why they didn’t want him to meet their dad.

“I’m – I’m really sorry! I’ll see you tomorrow!” Ally exclaimed, bolting towards the door with Issac.

A loud thud was heard and Austin sadly sat on the piano bench once again. He ran his fingers slowly through the same piano notes Ally had pressed earlier. He didn’t wanna admit it to himself, but at that moment he craved for more of the dark haired girl. He craved her round eyes, her flawless lips, her touch… he craved for anything that reminded him of Ally.

Suddenly, words came rushing through his mind like a calm melody.

He placed his fingers on the piano notes and slowly began to play.

“And I wonder if you miss me too

If you don't here's the one thing

That I wish you knew

I think about you

Every morning when I open my eyes

I think about you

Every evening when I turn out the lights

I think about you

Every moment every day of my life

You're on my mind all the time it's true”

he played the last note repeatedly before smiling to himself and finally accepting a fact ; Austin was on his way to loving Ally.