Nightmares

It was always the same. Visions of his past. The wars. Tartarus. Croatia. Sometimes even memories that felt like they belonged to another time. This always hurt the most. Bianca in her floppy green hat. Endless video games in Lotus casino.
During these nightmares he was prone to shadow-traveling. If he awoke in some remote part of camp, usually by the pier or the middle of the woods, he didn't mind. Dusting his elf off while sighing, he would step into the shadows and go back to his cabin.
Most of the time he would travel to somewhere(or to someone) he felt safe. That usually meant Bunker 9 or the Hephaestus cabin. Leo would wake up in the middle of the night with a sudden flash of cold and sigh. This meant his best friend had another nightmare. He secretly took joy in the fact that the small bundle of death that was currently nestled in his side though he was safest with him. Nico didn't go with Percy, or Jason, or Will. He went to Leo. He grinned.
"Leo stop moving so much. 'M tryin' to sleep," said boy mumbled.
"Sorry Neeks. Just go back to sleep," the mechanic answered, before he took his own advice and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Well that didn't go as planned. Welp. I hope you enjoyed the first oneshot of many. Now remember. Don't let the leprechaun know where the gold is. Last time that happened it nearly started WWIII!
~Sophia