Ch. 4

Hey guys so I kinda have an idea on how this is going to play out, sorry for the slow updates): I've been going through some pretty sucky shit the last few months and its been increasing in drama even though schools out. Sorry lovelies.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I stepped out of the shower and picked up my iPhone to see I got a text from Ari.

"I'll be over in 5 😘

-Ari"

Crap. I checked the time sent. 7:55. I looked at the clock. 7:59am. Shit. Thanks Ari. I ran to my room. I walked into my closet and looked around for something to wear. I looks at my thermometer clock on the inside by the door of the closet. Yeah I had one, so I could pick clothes easier. 92*F. What!!! 92 degrees?! This is wonderful! I looked through my swimsuits and picked out a purple twist bikini with light purple and blue paisleys in the corner. I threw on some short light denim jeans and a periwinkle colored loose v-neck tee with a panda on the front. I slipped on some black flip flops with a purple pattern.

Walking into the bathroom I grabbed my straightener and turned it on. As I waited for it to heat up I put on some eyeliner and mascara and a little bit of concealer. I stared at my face.

As I said earlier I had naturally wavy blonde/brown hair. My face was plain, but I had lots of freckles not easily seen, and my face and the rest of my body was always slightly tan throughout the year. I got pretty dark in the summer. My eyes have always been one of my best features. They were hazel colored but depending, they changed. Some don't believe me but I swear it's true. Normally they are a brown green with a dash of blue. When I was overly happy they looked more blue green, with less brown. On bored days, they actually had more brown. And when I was a mess and crying nonstop they were either a stormy gray green or a solid pastel green. Pretty cool huh? I was 5'5" and 1/2, and didnt weigh very much. 103-105 depending on how much I've eaten that day. People always tell me I'm so small and some think I'm anorexic, but believe me I eat a lot.

I turned on my Pandora app as I straightened my hair. Bruno Mars' I Wanna Marry You song came on. I sang along, swaying with the music.

🎵 It's a beautiful night...

We're lookin for somethin dumb to do...

Hey baby,

I think I wanna marry you.🎵

I kept singing and finished straightening my hair. I unplugged my straightener and put it in the sink, picking up my phone and turning to leave, as the song was ending.

Standing in the doorway was Ari.

"Ahh!!!!!" I screamed

She covered her ears but smirked. "I always loved your voice."

"You scared my sh**less Ari!"

"Sor-RY," she said, enunciating the 'ry.'

I gave her a hug and we headed downstairs.

"Looking for notes together?" My mom asked.

"Yep thanks Mrs. Morgan, I love scavenger hunts!" Ari said

I rolled my eyes and we walked out the door. Ari unlocked her silver sports car and got in the driver's seat. I slid in the passenger side as she backed out of the driveway.

"So what did the last note say?" Ari asked.

"Someplace you and I visit often that has to do with food in town," I stated.

She looked at me grinning, and at the same time we both screamed "FRO YOOOOO!!!!!"

"We haven't been in forever!" Ari said.