-Chater One-

©All Rights Reserved

*THERAPY SESSION*

Seth: "Hi my name is Seth and I'm going to be both you and your mothers therapist"
Emma: "Okay"
Seth: "Okay so it says right here that you fathers death brings you here".
Emma: "Yes".
Seth: "I'm sorry for your loss".
Emma: "I don't want more pity. Just don't be sorry please.
Seth: Okay I'm sorry. I mean-
Emma: It's fine.
Seth: How do you feel about your father's death.
Emma: Lonely *sobs*
Seth: Its okay. Don't cry. Can you please tell me why you feel lonely.
Emma: Cause. He was my hero, he's the one I looked up to.
Seth: Why did you look up to him?
Emma: Because he-he I... because he was the best. He never did anything to anybody. He always helped the people in need. He was a great father.
Seth: I understand. Thanks for the cooperation. I am going to give you a 'diary' in where you're going to write down everything. It's going to be like a friend to listen to you. Since I'm only going to see you once every two weeks because thats how much your insurance covers.
Emma: I'm not a little girl anymore. Why would I need this. *points at 'diary'*
Seth: Please cooperate with me. It's for your own good. You have to learn to move on.
Emma: Fine. But I'll probably forget to write in that 'thing'.

*At home*
I directly headed to my room obviously not wanting to talk to anybody. I laid on my bed not knowing what to do. Some one knocked on my door. Knock, knock, knock. "Who is it" I screamed.

"Emma please open the door" my older brother Ian said from the other side of the door. I decided to open it. "What's wrong" I asked him, but instead of answering he pulled me into a hug. "Emma it's going to be fine" he said I didn't notice warm tears were rolling down my cheeks. He hugged me in a protecting way that remembered me of my dad.

"Ian its been so long since you came" I whispered. He had not been here since he left to college. I really missed him.

"Well I am going to annoy you. I'm moving over here, they offered me a job" I smiled. "What's the job". "I'm working as a detective. Well in the FBI". I smiled and hugged him once more. We went downstairs to eat lunch. I didn't want to eat. Why the FBI??

My mother broke the silence "Its your dads funeral tomorrow" she said pointing at the calendar which said March 15. I sighed loudly. "I know". "Emma you have to eat something" Ian told me pushing the plate next to my hand. I shook my head "I'm not hungry".
....
I woke up and immediately took a warm shower. When I was done I slipped on the black dress that was placed on my bed. I grabbed my cardigan and black shoes. I quickly went to the living room. "Great. We can leave now" Ian said putting his arm around my shoulder.

***
Date: March 15
Today my dad was buried. He's gone. Forever. These words are hard to say. And I can't contain the tears no more. At the funeral I cried. I caused a lot of pity. I hated it. I hated myself. I hate everyone. I don't want to go to school. All the many pity I would get at school. I hate when people show pity towards someone. It just shows how vulnerable you are. I decided to write in this 'diary' since there's no one who understands me. Its already 2 am.
-Emma

I woke up as the alarm annoyed the sh*t out of me. Ugh. I groaned at the four hours I got of sleep. I looked at myself in the mirror. Black round circles surrounded my brown eyes. Great. Today is going to be such a great day, note the sarcasm.

***
Date: March 16
So as I expected, many people showed pity towards me. Some girl named Hailey even invited me to her party. She told me it was until April and that if I didn't arrive I was going to be such and I quote "bad friend". I might go though, like Seth my therapist said I have to move on.
-Emma

A/N ~ Please vote, comment, and share I want to know your opinion. Don't give up on this book so easily I promise its going to get better.