-Chapter Four-

Date: June 25

"So how's the case going" my mom questioned Ian. "Great. Actually, we found out that they live somewhere in this area" he confessed whilst eating his fettuccine Alfredo. My mom congratulated him and excused herself. "I'm going to my room" I excused myself, Ian nodded his head and continued reading the newspaper.

I scurried to my room. I got the spoon next to my nightstand and scooped some of the substance. I tied a belt around my left arm and injected 'it' after I lit it up. It felt great going through my system. I slowly closed my eyes and I started drifting off.

I started to feel nausea and I quickly raced to the restroom. Just then the door went ajar "F*ck" I cussed quickly, throwing a blanket over the things on my bed. I wiped my mouth with a towel and chewed a piece of gum. Monica came in through the door. "Monica. You scared the sh*t out of me!" I yelled "Don't you know how to knock" I complained.

"Emma. Don't tell me your pregnant!" she whispered. Thank the God she did. "No I'm not" I told her sternly. "Okay. Well let's go out to eat." she cheered.
***
I agreed but I'm not really hungry. "What do you want" she questioned happily. "I don't want nothing. I'm not hungry". "You have to eat something. I'm concerned about you Emma. You haven't been eating and your loosing weight fast" she admitted looking down at her hands.
***
After convincing her that I'm okay we went home. "Sh*t. I'm out" I whispered to myself, as I saw that there was no more in the little bag that was hidden inside my sock drawer. I dialed Alex's number.
me: "Alex can we see each other in the park".
Alex: "Is everything okay"
me: Yeah everything's fine. I just want another bag, please.
Alex: I. Uh. Fine. Meet me in ten.

"I'll be back" I quickly spoke. "Okay. be back early" Ian yelled as he worked out in the basement. As I drove I remembered my dad. A tear threatened to come out of my eyes.

"Alex do you have it" I desperately questioned.

"Yes. Emma. I need to ask you something. Are you using me?" his question took me back. "What no. I love you" I told him slowly caressing his cheek. He hugged me and placed a kiss on my forehead. I loved him. I'm never letting him go. I'm scared that he'll leave me. "I love you Alex".
***
I tightened the belt and injected 'it'. Once again, I started to drift off. I love the feeling.

"Emma what the f*ck are you doing" Ian yelled with a worried look in his face.

Holy sh*t. I'm doomed.