Letter 2

Dear Person reading this,
It's been a day. They've taken my remains home. They took more than an hour to dress me up. It surprises me because back when I asked them a million times about how I looked in a particular outfit, all I got was a nod. Honestly, today I looked beautiful. I was wearing a spotless white gown. It had the most intricate lace work I'd ever seen. The mittens in my hands were a perfect fit. They'd put a bunch of roses in my hand. A veil covered my bandages. If I were a guy, I would definitely fall for the then dead me. Today it struck me that what Kartik meant when he said that to know how beautiful I was, I'd have to look through his eyes.
My house was flooded with relatives and friends. Atleast the ones I thought were friends. If only they would have been there when I needed them the most.
Kartik is sitting by my side. He would have never imagined this scenario. Sitting besides me as I lay in a coffin. He was my pillar of strength. But today, I saw that my pillar had cracked. He was holding my hand. Rubbing it constantly. He still had hopes that I would wake up.
Kaaya and Mom were attending a few people who had come to see me dead. Dad was on a phone call. Aaah, my typical family.
After an hour or so, they took me to the graveyard. A traditional holy mass was recited. People prayed for my soul to rest in peace. If only I could. My friends and relatives were crying their hearts out. Why are they missing me when I'm gone?
My mother fainted twice. This was the first time I'd seen my dad shed a tear. Man of steel did have a heart.
Kartik wouldn't let go of my hand. Why would he? We had promised to stay together Always and Forever. My uncle had to pull him away. He cried like a baby.
I was buried. My earthly life came to a stop.
Everyone had come with numerous flowers and wreaths. If only they'd given me a single one when I was alive. I would have been the happiest girl. These flowers were just going to rest on my grave. No purpose.
My ultimate goal was to be a happy person. Content and satisfied. I couldn't do it.
So now I lay here. In a coffin. If it would have been the old me, I'd be terrified. Darkness scared me to the bits. But now I had accepted it as one of my own. I stop now. I promise to write soon!
                                                                           -Yours from the afterlife,
                                                                             Sia.