Letter 3

Dear Person reading this,
It's been two days since my funeral. I giggle as I write this. Strange enough to write your own end. There has been a constant chaos in the house. People have been visiting my parents 24/7. My house could be compared to a garage sale during the vacation and that would be justified. I've never seen so many people altogether in my entire life of 18 years. Or maybe they were always around and I was the one who chose to stay away.
Kartik didn't show up. Funny because he once promised to look after my parents in every situation. I plan on visiting him soon. Kaaya has surprised me by being a good little girl. She is quiet although. Mummy is sitting by the sofa on her favourite chair. She has a picture frame in her hand. Kmon Maa! I don't look good in that one. Daddy is sitting with a few of his friends discussing some legal documents.
Dying has made me observant.
The day is passing by slowly. Was it always this slow? I clearly remember completing my journals and time would fly like an albatross. Hours were seconds. Somehow this seems like a myth to me now.
Would it be weird if I said that mom looked thin? The shadows of regret are steadily creeping onto my conscience. My decision has affected everyone undoubtedly. But would it be fair to live a life without love? Without peace? Without happiness?
I stop now. I promise to write soon!
                   -Yours from the afterlife,
                     Sia