Letter 1

Dear Person reading this,
This letter is written apparently from the beyond. I don't know what your definition of beyond is. I don't know mine. I'm yet to figure that out.
My ultimate motive was to find peace. Did I achieve it? I'm yet to figure that out.
I see my body lying motionless on the hospital bed. A gazillion bandages wrapped around my head to stop the bleeding which to my knowledge has stopped now. Surrounding the bed I see people whom I called family. I see my mother sitting on a stool with her hand caressing mine. I see my dad in the corner of the room on a call. Maybe he is informing some irrelevant person about the cowardly act his daughter just committed. I see my sister. She is staring at the bandages. Yes Kaaya, it hurt like a bitch. Kartik is sitting on the bed near my feet. The only person with whom I shared my pain. The person whom I loved with everything I had. He's lost in his thoughts. He occasionally looks here and there. Maybe he senses my presence in the room.
All of them. They watch me. I don't know what is going on in their mind.
I'm emotionally devoid at the moment.
I stop now. I promise to write soon!
                                                                         - Yours from the afterlife,  
                                                                             Sia.