Attention Seeker

Strange, the small alchemist was acting so strange always trying to get his attention which bothered the Flame Alchemist a bit but didn't let it phase him sitting quietly in his office looking over the blonde's report as the other sat down on the seat nervously. "So about that note Colonel..." The small blonde started with a light blush on his cheeks but got interrupted almost immediately, "The answer is no Fullmetal.", "But I-", "Listen Fullmetal, I don't know what kind of game you're playing but the answer is no." Roy said sternly looking over to the alchemist. "For one thing I don't date men, let alone minors or co-workers. You need to stop trying to get my attention and doing all these things for me. I'm flattered but whatever you're trying to do isn't making me laugh. End of story." Stinging Edward a bit who glanced to the side hurt surprising Roy when Edward just got and left suddenly.

  Riza who was walking down the hallway to Roy's office paused in her steps with a smile, "Ah Edward it's nice to see you-" Surprised when the small blonde ignored her passing by her but noticed his upset expression walking to the office door opening it with a serious expression "Sir, Edward looked upset. Did something happen?" She asked simply. "Ah, Lieutenant..." Making Riza curious at Roy's surprised expression, "I... Just scolded him that's all... He'll get over it." He said simply before going back to his usual serious expression, "I brought you your coffee like you asked but it seems you already have one here..." Riza said a bit baffled. Roy paused again not wanting to mention Edward had brought it for him, "I grabbed one earlier. Sorry to have troubled you Lieutenant.", "It's alright Sir." Glancing down to his desk to see a note hidden in his papers that asked him for date, "You have a date Sir?", "No, Not at all Lieutenant." Grabbing the paper crumbling it and tossing it in the trash. "That note was from Edward..." Riza thought noticing the signature on the bottom of the note before Roy had crumbled it and tossed it in the trash going back to work, "Sir.", "Hm?", "You wouldn't break someone's heart would you?", "Never. Why?" Looking at Riza who looked away a bit unhappy at his response.

  "Ah Brother!" The suit of armor said happily when he spotted Edward in the hallway, "Winry said-" he started but paused at seeing his brother's bothered expression, "Brother?...", "It's nothing, let's go." Worrying Al but had a possible clue about why he was upset. "Sir, Edward dropped his pocket watch." Riza said going over to the couch and picking up the silver pocket watch about to put it in her pocket, "I'll hold on to it-", "I'll hold on to it." Surprising Riza at his quick response, "I mean it only makes sense that I give it back to him...", "Yes Sir.". Edward didn't speak a word to Al taking off his red coat once inside the place they were staying at, "Brother... Something happened huh...", "Nope, just the Colonel... Being a jackass as usual." The blonde said with his usual expression feeling his heart ache at the lie, "Ah, I'm so hungry!" He said quickly still not convincing Alphonse. "Lieutenant, can I ask you something before you go?" Making Riza pause in front of the door, "Yes Sir.", "If someone keeps going out of their way to do things for you always wanting your attention what would that mean to you." Leaving Riza quiet worrying Roy before she spoke again. "Maybe they like that person." Bothering the Flame Alchemist a bit, "Or maybe they just want to be nice so the other person could notice them." The blonde Lieutenant said simply hearing Roy's long silence, "You should know these things am I right Sir?" Stinging Roy, "Goodnight Sir.".