Chapter 8

“Wait, what did you say?” I felt the breath go out of my lungs, my stomach dropping.

            “I said I’m Tobias’ girlfriend, Skye. Who the hell, are you?”

            “I’m no one.” I said quietly, hanging up my phone. What even just happened? I couldn’t believe it. I wanted this to all just go away. Who even was this, this girl who stated to be Tobias’ girlfriend? I collapsed onto my bed, my stomach aching. What was I going to do? I felt my eye lids getting heavy, and I fell into a deep dark sleep.

-----------------

            I slept past my first alarm, and my second, and my third. I knew I was supposed to get up, but I couldn’t get myself to. My thoughts were whirring around, my head felt heavy. Tobias and I had planned to spend the day together, him coming over to mine and spending a kind of lazy day together. But now that seemed impossible. Tobias had someone else he could spend lazy days with. Someone who was probably a lot prettier than I was. I heard my door creak open, and someone scuffle inside. I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I felt someone snuggle up beside him, placing his head on my pillow.

            “Babe, what are you still doing in bed?” He whispered into my ear. “I know you’re awake, it’s time to get out of bed.”

            “I don’t want to get out of bed.” I mumbled, pulling up the blanket over my head.

            “I thought we were going to spend the day together.”

            “Why don’t you spend the day with Skye?” I taunted, my voice echoing under the blankets. Tobias ripped the covers off of me, a shocked look on his face.

            “What did you say?”

            “You heard me. Why don’t you go spend time with Skye?”

            “What do you mean Cam, what are you talking about?” I thought tears would have come, but none fell. The only thing I felt was...anger.

            “You fucking know what I’m talking about Tobias!”

            “No, I don’t actually! What are you going on about?”

            “Last night someone called me. On my phone it said it was you, when I picked up, someone on the other line claimed that they were your girlfriend!” Tobias’ face fell. He put his hands on my arms but I shoved them off.

            “Who is she? Tell me who she is!” I demanded, yelling in Tobias’ face.

            “She’s no one.” Tobias said quietly.

            “What do you mean no one; she said she was your girlfriend! I thought I was your girlfriend!”

            “Camryn please listen to me. She’s no one! I was dating her on the side-”

            “Dating her on the side? And that just answers my question! Why should I have thought any different! You’re fucking Tobias Briere! You can get any girl you want! I’m surprised you haven’t fucked me and dumped me yet!” I yelled, jumping off my bed, huddling into the corner.”Just get out, all right! Get out.”

            “Camryn, please-”

            “Just get out, please.” Tobias looked drained, all colour gone from his face. He headed out my door, looking back at me before he walked out the door. “And don’t come back.” And finally the tears came.