5

Dhirar was the one to wake me for fajr that morning. I was a little too tired to wake up, but eventually did after his constant nagging of trying to get me out of bed. It was my first day of being actually married. When I realized that I was jumping out of bed and even tripped over a phone charger in that excitement. After praying fajr salah, I was out of the room all freshened up and full in cooking mode. Being the only daughter, my mum always nagged me about having to know how to cook and basic chores around the house.

"You're awake, Imdad is whining about his scrambled eggs. Would you make him some, love?" Maa asked.

"Of course, I'll be right at it. Why don't you go and have some rest." I requested her.

"May Allah bless you child," Maa said before leaving the kitchen as I began, cracking the eggs into a bowl. After seasoning I simply let it fry in the pan and scramble them just a few seconds when Imadad entered the kitchen.

"I just hope that is scrambled eggs I'm smelling," he said and I luagh, nodding in return.

"It's your lucky day, brother. You guessed right, and besides you're going to get tired of eating it because you're going to be having it everyday since I'm here to make it for you." I joke, leading Imdad to chuckle loudly.

"What's so funny that the brother who is always grumpy in the mornings is now laughing?" Dhirar asked, amused at his brothers new found behaviour as he entered the kitchen and took seat on a stool next to Imdad.

"You amazing wife just offered to make me scrambled eggs everyday, that also for free am I right sister-in-law?" He questions smirking at me.

"What, for free? I was hoping you would show me around Manchester, and maybe take me to the fair here, I saw an advert of." I fake deadpan and It was now time for Dhirar to laugh and Imdad to Sulk as he sank down on his seat and sipped on his coffee.

"Now I think I married the right person." Dhirar said, looking at me as he said those words. For a moment those words out his mouth made my world go still, even better I was happy to hear which I couldn't I figure why I liked it. I cleared my throat and served him some of the scrambled eggs and toast, with a cup of hot coffee.

"Damn sure you're right, I would never have gotten a better sister in my life," Imdad said.

"I don't think I want to fly that high with all the praises I've been getting this morning," I laughed and moved to sit next Dhirar who was now chewing his toast.

"You have a bachelor in chemistry, is that right?" Imadad question ed, looking at me with his light grey eyes staring with adoration. I softly smiled at him and spoke up.

" I still am, it's only been two years and I still have another two to finish fully achieving the bachelor and I get honours, and I would have If I hadn't met Salman-" the words tumbled faster than I could stop them. My eyes widen when Dhirar face snapped towards mine, not really pleased with what I had said.

"I-I well, what mean is I was supposed to in college-" before I could finish the sentence, Dhirar shot out of his seat and barged out of the kitchen, leaving me to the kitchen to regret the words that dared to come out in my husband's presence. My dipped down into a disappointed posture, feeling my heart sink into the pit of my stomach. A great way to spoil the first morning as a wife.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up for it, he just needs a little time to recover from the loss." Imdad consoled, and gave me a sad smile before he left the kitchen too.

After cleaning up the mess in the kitchen, I went up to my room where I knew Dhirar was at the moment. When I entered, he was busy typing away on his phone, a frown attached to his face and all I wished was to soften it down to a smile. I cleared my voice and sat down on the bed a few inches away from him.