Chapter 3

" some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word " - George R. R. Martin: A Game Of Thrones.

Chapter 3

Allison

What the fuck? Was Carter an idiot? Risking his life for an ungrateful bitch? Though I wouldn't mind if it were me. I would love it. Absolutely.

I liked Carter, wait scratch that. I loved Carter. A lot. He was cute and funny and smart. He had medium brown hair, like Harry Styles'. Omgggg Harry! And tan skin. And muscles. Boy, that was hot. And abs. His instagram pictures told me that. And light eyes.

Carter helped the girl and all she did was walk away as though Carter harassed her.

But then she came back with her friends and thanked Carter like he was a lucky guy for being able to get a chance to talk to that bitch.

I had no choice but to talk to her group. They turned out to be not such bad people except the bitch.

 And Carter, who was trying to constantly talk to her. I just didn't know who was pissing me off more!
Carter, who behaved like a Romeo with that piece of shit, while there was better people for him ( read-me). Or that bitch looking like a queen bee.

Zoey was talking to queen bitch herself. I could hear the girl fake her accent and Zoey being pretty calm about it.

"that's so pretty!", Zoey said commenting on the hideous girl's bracelet. But the bracelet was pretty, agreed.

"thhenk yuu", the bitch, Mila, smiled.
"you have great hair, why don't you style it?", the bitch-oops, Mila asked.

"well, its pretty plain, but yours is amazing. How'd you..blaah blaah.?", Zoey went chick praise on her.

I saw Jamie and Luke hiding their laugh listening to Zoey. The girl was brilliant at sarcasm. You wouldn't even understand she was being sarcastic with you, until you really pay attention to it. Its so naturally done! And you have to replay the conversation in your mind.

"totally. I got it....blaah blaah blaah", the bitch cooed. I'll save you the torture of listening to her.
The boys were laughing, so was Ava. We joined Zoey and complimented her casually at anything that may or may not be true.

"your make-up's amazing you know, just the right thing for a hike", I tried my hand at sarcasm. Zoey gave a giggle that suddenly turned into a cough.

I thought the girl realised it, but she simply smiled eagerly, like it was the best thing someone said to her.

"i know right! Roma, she said who puts makeup for a hike? I told her people are gonna love it", the bitch fell into the trap. I was gonna talk to this Roma for sure!

"Jamie totally loves pink", Zoey said. Whaaaat? That would explain the pink charm he wore always.
Jamie looked at her aghast as though she said Jamie go play with barbies. After the memory she told us, I kept teasing him about loving one direction.

"ya its bea-you-ti-ful", Jamie said through clenched teeth.

"i have a pink car at home", Mila said, obviously happy that she found people who shared her- ahem- likes.

"fabulous", I said. I think that's Sharpay's car in HSM. And I like pink.

"exactly!"

We left immediately after that and Luke and I were teasing Jamie.

"you my friend are in deeeeeep trouble!", Jamie ran towards Zoey and picked her up roughly.

He did a whooshing movement that ended with a 'slam'. He flipped Zoey 360 degrees over and she landed back, both feet on the ground. How'd she even manage that? The girl had grown up dodging Jamie's tricks, so I guess she had had enough practice. I wish I'd met these guys before.

We laughed about the bitch all the way. But Carter wasn't into the conversation. And Zoey looked a little wary.

Zoey was fun. Careless and responsible, sweet and sarcastic, funny and serious.

Carter walked at a furious pace. Luke and Jamie were just behind, followed by me and Ava, Zoey bringing up the rear.

Ava, Jamie, Luke and i talked happily. I was so glad I got these people. Zoey seemed lost in thought. Like seriously lost. She just missed being facepalmed by a tree. It would have been fun!

We walked on, the evening coming faster than possible.

"guys, we have to stop", Luke said.

"why?", Carter demanded. He hadn't chilled. Something was seriously wrong. What did that bitch do which made him so angry?

"coz its dark", i said as Luke nodded, so did the others.

"so? What are you? Bloody blind at night?", Carter growled at me. I gave a weak smile, thinking of something funny to ease this shit.

"Carter, she's not talking bullshit. That's a rule of hiking", Luke said.

"you think we came here to follow rules? We came here to be free! to not have to follow rules", Carter said, anger evident.

"you have to have rules no matter where you go.", Ava said quietly. Carter couldn't yell at her. I wouldn't let him. She was my baby sis. And no one knew about rules more than her. I liked Carter a lot, but my sister came first, always.

"why rules here? Can we just walk? When we're tired, we'll halt. Easy!", Carter said, his voice lower than before.

"who's gonna make the tents when we're all tired? If you wanna take up that job, and make a fire, yea lets walk", Zoey said.

"fine. Lets camp here.", Carter said impatiently. The tents were set up, we got a small fire going.

We wanted to tell stories and have a camp night. But we were fucking six people, anyone missing just lessens the fun. Luke and Jamie went in the tent to talk to Carter, returning without any success. Then Zoey went in. I waited for a few minutes.

"ummm.. I'll just go grab some water", i said,  wanting to enter the tent so badly.

The other three smirked at me, Jamie and Ava teasing me.

A most surprising sight met my eyes. I was so jealous of Zoey at this moment. Zoey's hand lightly playing with Carter's hair. Other hand wrapped around his arm. Carter's closed eyes. Zoey's happy expression. I stood rooted to that spot

******************************

Zoey surprises me!

I hope you guys are liking my writing.

next update- Tuesday.

teaser- a Zoey Carter moment ♥

Add it to your library - it makes me so happy :D

Vote. Comment. Share.

Happy reading!

Love,

....S....

xoxo