Chapter 5

• An important A/N at the end •

Chapter 5

Zoey

Everyone forgot that incident on the first day, apart from Allison of course who bugged me day in and day out.

Who was going to keep on thinking on and on about it? She was becoming a moodkill.

"but he was glad you said yes", Allison started the topic, probably for the millionth time.

And everytime she started it, I blushed, giving fuel to her words. That day was great. Carter lying down in my lap, yea, he called it "friendly". Friendly, my ass. But nope, it wasn't ever gonna happen!
Allison kissed Carter, in everyone's view. All she did was embarrass herself! Carter just pushed her aside without a backward glance.

But her question was logical. I'd been giving lame reasons and i knew it. Time to speak the truth coz that'd tell her to shut up. To be honest, she was being physically too close and Carter was hating it.

"it wasn't about me and him. He wanted an answer to something that was bothering him. It wasn't even about a girl. Period. Now dont keep talking about it", i said finally.

"let it go Allie", Ava reasoned. Her dark hair and dark eyes complemented her pout perfectly as we clicked a perfect selfie. I mouthed a thank you to Ava. She smiled like always. The girl was an absolute saint.

We hiked for almost a week. Everyone of us had grown close to each other apart from Allison and Carter. So we thought of extending. For once we had holidays at almost the same time, and the extension of the hike wasn't causing any trouble to our parents.

Somehow I started liking Carter even more. Way to forget a guy! After that day in the tent, Carter was openly close to me. Luke teased me everytime he could making me run after him laughing.

Carter and Luke were discussing something while I had plugged my earphones in. Carter held my hand. (i know I know, I was one happy bitch) Luke saw our entwined fingers and his eyes landed on me as he teased me.

One such evening, while we were setting up tents, trying to assign duties amidst laughter and teasing, when a few others came. Five of them.

"Alan"
"Rory"
"Zach"
"Ross"
"Levi"

"can we join you?", one of them asked. Don't ask me the name, I've known them barely for a moment now. Though I think it was Alan.

"sure", Jamie said, welcoming the five guys.

"thanks dude, c'mon", the guy smiled. His friends (brothers?) joined us and work started happening faster.

After conversing with a couple of them, they seemed like good people. Zach in particular seemed really nice. He was interested in art history like me and we soon got talking. And he was well mannered.

"excuse me, can I steal my girl for a moment?", Carter said coming up to us.

"of course, see you Zoey", he said getting up, his foreign accent making him cute.

"making friends already", Carter said tersely, making me look at him.

"whaaaat is it Carter?"

"c'mon Zoe, i don't want everyone hitting on you, what if someone ends up hurting you?", he asked.

"then you punch him okay? We were talking about art history. C'mon Carter", i said defensively. Why the possessive boyfriend + overprotective brother act?