Chapter Two

The soft clicking of heels can be heard as an unknown woman walks down a lonely road. Her pale snow-white hair reaches down to her knees, curling around the hem of her sky blue dress. Shining silver stars dance a pathway up her chest, then turn to silk, creating see-through long sleeves.

The mysterious woman continues down the path, reaching a fork in the road. She glances down through star-shaped lenses at a small map resting in her delicate hands. On this map, a small town is in the far left corner, with graceful handwriting spelling the words, 'Fairytail'.

The woman opens her mouth and mutters, "I'm coming home."

*****************************************************************************************************

"ICE PRINCESS!!! YOU WENT AND FROZE MY FOOD AGAIN!! FIGHT ME!!!!" A pink--no, salmon-- haired man yells at the muscluar ice mage. He chased him down the streets of Mongolia before literally running into Erza.

Natsu!! No fighting!" Warns the scarlet haired woman as she rises beside him, giving him the ultimate death glare.

Natsu gives a barely audible gulp, not loud enough for Erza to realize he was frightened, but enough to let some of his tension go. The man sighed, letting his mind wander to a certain blonde haired mage. He never got to tell her whqt plagued him nowadays, and he deeply regretted it. He had consulted with Happy, who had gentle patted his back while offering him a fish. The girl that Natsu loved had disappeared four years prior to this day, and he was trying hard not to show the others how sensitive he was. When Natsu last saw Lucy, she had given him a glance and said something his damaged mind couldn't remember. She had then turned around and walked bravely towards the dragon, spreading her arms as if to embrace the monster.

The dragon dove down, and Natsu saw a bright flash of light before he passed out, calling Lucy's name one final time. When he awoken, she was gone. He suspected she had been killed and carried home for supper, since Igneel had brought home a few dead humans for Natsu when he was young. It had practically scared the life out of him. He wished he hadn't gone home, that he had searched for Lucy lon-

At that moment, they entered the guild, feeling the off air in the building. As they headed towards the bar, Mirajane poked her head around the corner, looking around nervously.

"What's wrong, Mira?" Natsu asked with a wide grin.

Mira remained silent and handed him a slip of paper. Natsu curiously glanced at the note, then cursed himself for not learning how to read cursive. All he saw were loops and the occasional letter. He handed the letter to Erza, silently cursing himself.

Erza read aloud, "I challenge Erza Scarlet to a mage's battle. I shall arrive shortly."

There was a silence in the guild for a moment before Gray piped up, "Who the hell do they think they are. As if they could beat Erza! Even we can't!"

As soon as those words left his mouth, the doors burst open. A short, blue haired girl ran in, closely followed by he mammoth of a boyfriend, Gajeel Redfox. She was panting, eyes wide. She glanced behind her, looking at her boyfriend before planting a small kiss on his cheek and  writing 'Bandage' with her finger. Gajeel careful rolled the bandage around himself. A large, blooming cut ran down his chest, wrapping around his side. Levy quickly turn towards Erza, and opened her mouth.

      "Don't fight her, Erza! Don-" She mumbled, trembling slightly.

       The entire left wall of Fairytail explodes, sending dust and debree everywhere. When it finally settled, the strange woman was standing there, gold and white flames buzzing around her hands.

       "Erza Scarlet?" She states in a bored tone, clearly prepared to fight.

         Erza strolls in front of all the guild and requips her armor. She feel confident, sure she will be able to win this battle. She gets in a battle stance.

          The strange woman laughs, and starlight, swirls around her finger tips. Erza darts forward, rasing her sword, The woman doesn't even react. This should be an easy victory-

          The woman calls out, "Silver Star Shower!" flicking her wrist.

Erza feels herself against the wall as it collapses around her. She quickly dodges oncoming stars, large as a table, and near blinding. She picks herself up, preparing to fight again. Gildarts slips next to her, also getting into battle stance.

         "Stay out of this! This is my fight! I-" she yells, interrupted as he shouts back,

          "Your gonna need help!" He nods to the rest of the guild, urging them into fighting stance.

           Erza mumbles, "No need for drastic measures," but silently thanks him for the help.

           This was going to be a long fight.

*****************************************************************************************************

Erza spat blood out of her mouth, glancing around in disbelief. The ENTIRE guild fell to one person. JUST ONE. She turns to look at this woman, hoping to get a good look at her face. Her face is hidden by her white hair, hiding her appearance. Catching Erza looking, the woman draws it back, revealing silver, star-shaped glasses.

Beside her, she feels Natsu struggle to his knees. He had the least amount of injuries out of all of them, only losing all his magic due to 'Midnight Vacuum'.

He turn toward the woman and calls out, "Who are you?!?"

        The woman freezes, then lets out a soft chuckle. She grabs the rim of her glasses and says, in a surprisingly familiar tone, "Looks like the Ol' Star Dragon was right. These WOULD mask my scent. To bad the old woman's always right..."

         Natsu freezes as she pulls of her glasses, revealing beautiful golden eyes, shimmering in the sunlight. Erza was shocked by this beautiful dragon slayer, too shocked to notice Natsu trembling beside her.

         The woman turned, revealing the blue haired man with a red symbol on his face.

        "Jellal..." Erza muttered, and he ran to her, wiping the blood out of her eyes.

He shook his head, muttering 'I'm Sorry,' over and over again.

         "Thanks for showing me the way, Jellal! Oh, and for those who don't have as good a nose as we do-" she pauses to point to her chest, winking one eye shut, "I'm Lucy."