Chapter Six

....

...How could he?

You had trusted he would hurt Natsu.

How dare he.

Tears stream down the your face as you cast spell after devastating spell. Rage and sorrow coursed through your body as misses again. And again. And again.

In one giant spout of anger, you throw a heavily sparking bolt at Makarov.

Triumph fills your heart as he collapses to the ground. It isn't enough though. It doesn't satisfy the beast within you. You sprint over to him, attacking him with your bare fists. Punch after punch lands on his face, the tears come quicker, racking your body with sobs.

You failed to protect what was yours.

You failed.

You failed him.

You screech in pain, quickening your attacks, wild in your punches.

----

As he watched Lucy's face, Romeo could see her face flash with hundreds of emotions; pain, sorrow, fear. It finally settled on one emotion, sending chills down his spine at the harsh coldness in her eyes.

She choose to let anger consume her. Which wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a threatening dragon slayer, hell bent on attacking everything in sight.

After spending years with the kinder, gentler Lucy, this version gave him an incredible shock. Though he knew, truly, she didn't want this. She'd let her anger over Natsu's stupid self-sacrificing mind out on the only thing she could.

Speaking of Natsu...

He glanced over at the unconscious man, catching Wendy's eye in the process. Without a moments hesitation, she'd leaned over Natsu and braced her hands against his chest. Though Romeo usually enjoyed watching her work her magic, there were more pressing matters at hand. He ran for Lucy, reaching out his hand and grasping hers. His fingers hurt with the amount of strength she fought back with. He had to prevent another blow till someone came.

"Lucy, stop! You're angry, but don't attack gramps. Please, for us- all of us!" He shouted, clutching her wrist tighter and gesturing towards Wendy.

She broke free from his grip, shaking him off her. She threw him a few feet away, gaze hardening as she turned back to Makarov. Romeo knew gramps could only take so much more of this. He reached out again, but before he had touched her she tensed. Whipping around, she glared and screamed furiously.

"You really expect me to stop? After he killed him? How could you! If it had happened to Wendy you would do the same! Oh- oh god- He killed him, he killed him, he killed him..." She continued to ramble, clutching her head and shaking.  Her magic heavily clung to the air, creating a sparking, dangerous, thick atmosphere. Romeo realizes just how dangerous it to stay near her when a stray star cuts his cheek. He has to act quickly.

"Stop! You can't continue like this, Lucy. You'll-" he rushed, pulling against her sleeve.

He screamed in pain, hand burnt after touching her skin. He was forced to let go of her, thrown by tremendous force.

-----

Shorter than normal, sorry. Enjoy friends :)