Chapter Five

Makarov, the leader of Fairytail, slams his fist onto the bar, cracking it under the force of his palm. A powerful golden light surrounds him, eyes shrinking into furious slits. A vain pops and bulges on his forehead.

"Sabertooth has gone far enough. They have taken two of our members from us! Lucy can't be in her right mind. We will fight to bring back my children." His anger builds with each word, boiling his veins. Mira nervously tends to Gildarts, cleaning and bandaging his wounds.

"We aren't in any condition to fight," Mira warns, tending to Cana, luckily almost healed over two weeks. She continues, "We'd be setting ourselves up for failure."

Makarov considers this. The situation was awful: Joyfully returning from a meeting with Pegasus, he came back to a devastated guild. Once he'd been caught up on the situation, a blind rage had overtaken him.

Even if they weren't prepared, his children still needed their revenge.

"Fine," he finally said, "I'll go myself."

------------------------------------------------------

Lucy stood stiffly in the small field where she would meet leader of Fairytail. Makarov had sent her a challenge letter, and, despite her guild mates protests, she accepted. The setting sun reflecting off her white hair, making it pale gold. Her eyes gazed foggily into the distance. Her mind was elsewhere, desperately fighting the two sides within herself. One hoping to return to the fire dragon slayer's side, the other wanting to run from all of whatever this was.

She shook her head slightly. She wasn't Lucy of Fairytail anymore, she was with Sabertooth now. She wouldn't betray her guild. Even if it meant killing...

Only then did she feel the tears running down her cheeks, hurriedly wiping them away. Wendy, refusing to leave her side, hurried rushed over.

"Lucy?! What is it? Why are you crying?" She asked, gently hugging her. Worry creased her brows as she fretted over her, wiping her face.

Lucy opened her mouth to reply, chills running over her body and choking her words. She ominous presence begin to trek it's way up the hill.

She hurriedly gave a quick warning to Wendy, watching her flee to her hiding spot before turning back to Makarov. The man was furious, and struck her with his hand, a crack resounding from her skull. She knew another hit would result is months and months of recovery. Lucy quickly dodged the next punch, flipping through the air with incredible agility. Fairy magic was thrown at her, impailing spikes as she countered with her own magic, careful and exact against recklessness and abandonment.

Makarov's fury was increasing with each miss and dodge. The child he spent years protecting and training, raising her as if she was one of his own, had betrayed and destroyed his guild. He wouldn't rest until she was punished.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Natsu," Natsu looked over at Romeo as Mira tended his wounds, "Where do you think Grandpa went?"

"Dunno," Natsu looked at Mira," but do you?"

"Weren't you two listening earlier?" She scolded then, sighing when they both looked even more confused. "Grandpa said he was going to challenge Lucy."

"What?!" Natsu and Romeo both shot up from their seats.

"Luce's there?"

"Does that mean Wendy's there too? Can we get her back?!"

"Let's go Romeo!"

" Wendy! We're coming-"

"Hold it, you two!" Erza glowered above them. "You could put yourself in danger out there! And you could get in master's way!"

Romeo gave up almost instantly, but Natsu looked challengingly into Erza's glare.

"NO. LUCY IS THERE. GRAMPS IS GOING TO NEED HELP! WE HAVE TO HELP." Natsu shoved his way past Erza, Romeo quick on his tail.

"This is the last time we fight side by side. Got that?" Romeo growled at Natsu.

Natsu gave a sharp nod before speeding up. He had a bad feeling on his gut..

-------------------------------------------------------

Every dodge counted now. Even a little mistake would result in severe injury or even death. Makarov was getting more furious by the second, thrashing at random and hard to predict. He finally saw an opening as Lucy tripped. He focused all of his power and anger into one point and struck. Lucy's eyes widened as it surges towards her. They flinch closed, prepared for the hit.

Her name is called out desperately. She doesn't feel any pain but hears a sickening crunch. She opens her eyes, seeing a body fall to the ground in front of her. Makarov's eyes widen, shock locking his body in place. Tears run in rivers down Lucy's face as she slowly bends down and pushes pink hair out of his closed eyes. She desperately grabs his face and hugs it, panic taking over her.

She killed him.

She didn't want... she just wanted...

She cried out his name, sobs racking her body as her white hair covered his face. Arms wrap around her, soft sobs echoing into her back as the small blue haired girl shakes behind her. Romeo is in the distance, eyes flicking between Makarov and Wendy.

Lucy growls, staring at Makarov.

No, she didn't kill Natsu.

HE did.

She growls at Wendy to back up, a furious silver light circling her.

She places a gentle kiss on Natsu's forehead before she turns to face her opponent. Despite being shocked and tired from his previous energy release, positions himself to fight again.

He killed Natsu.

The one who she loved, the only one who motivated her to train in those hard days. The one who she were so afraid would die.

It was time for revenge.

------
I'd say two more parts until we're done friends ^^
I hope you don't have too much pain.