Chapter Four

"WHY?!?!" The enraged 15 year old boy yells at the man he looked up to for so long, fists clenched tightly as he shook. He latches on to Natsu's scarf, a look of absolute fury in his eyes. "WHY HER?!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HER!?!? WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?"

Natsu remained silent, taking in the form of the boy with raven black hair in front of him. He shakes his head, not knowing how to answer Romeo.

Weeks had passed since Lucy and Wendy had disappear to wherever Sabertooth hide after their town was destroyed. Since the day they had vanished, Natsu had been shutting everyone out to mourn alone. She was still there, in his mind, repeating those dreadful words over and over again.

'You gave up.'

Natsu would growl and curl into a ball everytime he heard that in his mind's ears, tormenting him every second of the day. Romeo had been bothering him everyday, reminding him of his mistakes every second, every damned second. He had had enough.

Natsu let out a growl and flipped the poor boy over his shoulder. He tried to pin him down, but Romeo caught on rather quickly. He slid under Natsu, kicking him to the ground and continuing to yell 'why' every kick. Sobs escaping in between each words, wrecking his small form.

He had been so hurt by Natsu. Natsu gave in, allowing him to get bite and kick harder. He winced, but let the boy continue to release his anger. He deserved it, after all. He had stood (well, flew) there and watched as Lucy took Wendy's hand. He hadn't reacted until it was too late. He had allowed Romeo's girlfriend to leave with a dangerous woman, and now Romeo would have to move on. He might never see her again.

At this thought, Natsu sat up and pinned the boy to his chest in a tight hug. Romeo struggled against him before calming down enough to listen to the whispered words;

"It's all my fault. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Romeo felt an unfamiliar wetness on his shoulder as Natsu turned his head away, voice cracking. He looked wrecked, reaching his shattering point, releasing all his self hate and sadness on the teen. " You have to move on. You have to give up on her. She won't come back. Or at least, not the same." He gazed pitifully at Romeo.

Romeo felt the painful grief overcome him. He collasped into Natsu arms, sobbing. Natsu patted his back, quietly shushing him. He felt Romeo mumble something into his shoulder and he asks what he said.

Romeo turns his tear stained face to Natsu and whispers, " Then how come you never gave up?" The silence stretched, bitter and tense, before he added, " I'll never forgive you, you know. Even if she comes back, I don't think I'll ever forgive you."

Natsu says nothing. He wraps his arms around the crying teen and holds him against his chest. He hears six simple words he once used to mutter to himself, though with a different name. He smiles softly as Romeo repeats the words,

"Wendy, I promise I'll find you."
-------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends and fans! I'm so very sorry to leave you hanging for almost a year :( I was so busy with my life I completely forgot about wattpad. I W I L L be back on a mostly regular schedule as of now, so expect regular updates and new fics :)