<>3<>

I spend hours looking at my menus and hovering around, gathering endurance at the end of the hour, the clock chimes ten and I click off my lamp. The next few days go by like this and I don't move out unless I'm commanded. Somehow I manage to get yelled at by Jay at least ten more times. Outside I find rocks and build a ramp. Panting I place down my last rocks and pebbles. Rubbing my hands together, I step up. Bending my knees I spring up off the rock and fly up, up,up. The wind rushes in my ears and I look down. The grass looks so green from up here and the breeze is chilly. I slip down a foot. Looking around I see my wings fading in and out. I make a speedy descend but manage only to get down to about twelve feet off the ground before my wings fail completely. I grope at the open air and wave my legs Jay hovers up a few inches and catches me just before I slam on the ground. Placing me down forcefully he cinches my wrist in his grasp and yanks me inside. Stumbling he catches my shoulder and stares me straight in the eye.
"What we're you thinking?"
"I don't know I thought-"
"What, that you could kill yourself?!? I can't let that happen. Why in hell would you do that?"I just stare at him.
"I-I...I was just trying to improve."My voice comes out as a whisper.
"Get inside." He tells us all. We obey. Angry mutters twist and twirl their ways to me whipping away in the wind after a second.
"...She's so stupid...Why would she do that...That's the second time... Ugh I wish she'd not do that..." My face flushes as I walk through the doorway but I keep my head held high. I have a plan.

Late that night when the crickets calls seem deafening in the silence I slip on my leather shoes and a jacket. Making my way outside I take a lamp and light it. Carefully pushing the door open I tip toe outside and go back to my pile of rocks. Scooping leaves and moss up in my arms I make a soft surface to land on I case I fall and to quiet my landings. Hopefully. Stepping up I shiver. Bending my legs I bounce up higher and higher. The sir gets gradually cooler as I speed up. Reach a high distance and look down. I can barely see my landing pile. Damn. I ponder my options and decode to try something new. Arching my back I flip over and fall into a wild dive. Spinning around in circles, wings pushed flat against my back I rapidly descend. I get close to the ground quicker than I'd anticipated and I frantically pull my head up and spread out my wings going to a standstill just feet above the ground. I could've died. I fall down onto the ground and take a deep breath. Pushing myself up standing, I take a few rocks and push them to the side. Stealing myself I lunge up and bounce off. The air gets cold, but not as bad as before. I look down and see that I'm still safe. Spinning around a few times, I decide not to risk it and dive down. This time it's much neater. Repeating myself, I eventually get it down to just the ground. Looking around after some laps, I see that the sky is graying at the horizon. Gliding down I scrape off my shoes and pad inside. The blackness of my mind seems busy tonight, but I silently tell it to shut up. Thankfully I have pretty good control over my mind. Sleep strikes me from behind and closes in fast.

The morning sun roars at me from my window and I groan as I sit up. Conjuring a cup of strong tea I head drearily into the kitchen. Sitting there are two people. Lily, whom I like quite a bit, and Jay. I really dislike him with a strong passion.
"Why so tired?"Lily asks me as she takes a sip of coffee. I shrug and come up with the best excuse I can.
"I was up too late washing my clothes.But my rag got way dirty so I had to clean it halfway through."Nodding sympathetically, Lily looks towards Jay.
"What should we do for practice? Maybe laps, cause we need to work on endurance.Or maybe we could do strength? What do you think?" My face flushes and I frown ad I turn to Jay.
"Could I skip today, I don't want to hold anyone back by cutting practice early again."
"Sure, and you can clean around here, maybe upgrade some stuff." That monotone voice kills me. But I nod my head and accept his and Lily's offering of some silver pence and a couple bronze tales. I head up and go change into a green tunic and my gray boots from last night. Activating my wings I jog out of the house and leap up. Jay comes pounding out and jumps up to drag me down but I dive down and he misses me flailing his legs. Turning to me, he accelerates like lightning and pushes me against a tree. His hands nail my wrists against the rough bark.
"What, the hell, did I tell you."
Gasping from the sudden impact I glare at him. I wasn't gonna take him any longer. Gathering my strength I try to shove myself from the tree, but I don't move an inch.
"I am stronger than you might think, girl. You don't know what I'm capable of. Don't contradict my ways, got it, good." I nod my head, eyes wide. He doesn't let up, though. He's not done.
"How did you do that?" His voice is deadly, like daggers thrown at me.
"I practiced alone last night." I whisper, so soft that someone standing right behind us wouldn't have been able to hear me. He just nods his head and lets me go. Turing around he's already heading back to the house. I can't figure him out. At all! Shaking my head and rubbing my wrists I walk into the forest. There I find some enemies that are tough. I unsheathe out my dagger and slash at them, gaining experience and coins, leveling up one level after the other. By the time I'm done I'm panting and sweat is dripping down my neck. I go to my menus and check my levels.