<>6<>

It takes us only a second to see that it's not Jay and his group, but Jay and a lot more people than five. I fly up and count seventeen. That's a lot of players!
I dive down and slash with my dagger, running down the line of people. I twist and turn so no one can grab me. Sheathing my dagger I pull out my slingshot and start aiming dart towards people. I hit every single one of my targets straight on. They fall, seduced by the poisons that slowly weaken them in their unconscious state. We're down to six people, and its much easier now. I grab a guy and drop him. He crumbles to the dirt. And then glows with the white of a dead player. You don't really die, you do respawn, but you lose a ton of coins and xp, so its really useful not to die.

Five left. I take out more darts start flinging them at Jay. I don't know how he dodges them, he must have spent some coins on evasion.
My dart run out and I whip out my dagger. Aiming for Jay's throat I go into his blindspot, directly behind him, and fly forward like a rocket. My hand flies up and the metal catches soft skin. I step on the ground and drive my blade across the nape of his neck. He bellows in pain. Flinging himself around he throws his fist towards my face but I grab it and kick his side. Gregg uses his katana to slash at his arms and Rin and Cier keep the rest of the group from Jay. He reaches for his sword and I punch his hand and grab it. Tossing it feet away I push him to the ground and a red mist tales over my vision. But he doesn't stay down for long. He staggers away from the battle field while I help Cier defeat her enemy. I see anger and anger alone. The battle and blood feel so real and I'm scared all of a sudden. I tense up as a lump forms in my throat and I choke in my breaths. I swallow and grab hold of myself before I can freak out from the blood, causing my unexpected nausea.

This all only takes a second but it feels rather long. I stand up and scoop a hand full of darts and shoot the remaining two people. They fall to the ground and lay there, Were they will stay until the poison wears off.The blood from Jay us sticky in my hands and it doesn't feel right. Specks of red dot my face and the scars from Jay's knife those weeks ago seem to pulse.
I'm not okay, I need to get this blood off my hands. I stand up, knees wobbling, and shakily start to fly. But a hand grabs my ankle and pulls me down. The hands grip my waist and place me in front of him. His arms embrace me and I can't move. I but my lip I can't cry, this was never real to begin with but it feels so real now. "We still can't leave but I want to." My voice quivers and I suck in air.
"I know," He says, "it's okay." A tear leaves my eye and run down my cheek, making a wet dot on the crimson stripe of his cape. He grabs my hand, despite the blood and leads me towards the river. His hands are rough, but nice. The blood stains the water red and my tears make a small chorus on the waves if the brook. Why does this feel so real.

Maybe because it is and all you want to think is that it's not. I shake. My thoughts have never haunted me before. So why now?
The river is red but my hands are clean. Rin washes Jay's blood off of his hands and wipes my face off with his soft sleeve.
"Don't cry, its not real life." He says to me. I nod and look to the others. I've never broken down like that before, and I've never gotten like that after a battle. Sure I've killed other players before, but not without knowing what I was doing.
"Anger is dangerous, Kenta, don't let it consume you." Again, I nod. He is so steady I don't know how. He stands and brushes the dirt from his knees. He extends a hand but I don't take it, I stand up on my own. I wipe my hands on my tunic, only to get lines of red on them. Kneeling down I rub my hands again in the water, but this time I leave them wet.
Once I get inside I dry off my hands and change into a new tunic with new leggings and I wash off my boots. Leaving them to dry I pull on a pair of thick wool socks and sit down on my bed. I run a brush trough my hair, static calling through it as I rhythmically lift my hand and pull the brush.

I'd fallen asleep with the brush on the floor and my blanket thrown messily around me. I wake up, though, with my hair out of my face and the sheets neatly lying over me. Rin just happens to be watching me from his bed across from mine.
"Did you do this?" My voice resonates softly to him, a small sound disturbing the silence. He nods.
It's weird to have someone watching over you like that.
"Thanks," I smile timidly, and slide back down, curling back underneath the soft, thick blanket. I don't fall asleep though.
My thoughts keep me awake through he night. The dark is comfortable, though.
Morning comes too soon and I decide to take an off day. I'm still sore, and were really not doing much aside from trying to find the exit to this place. It's quite frustrating, really.
Sometimes I fly out, making rounds that are different than all others. Trouble arises occasionally, but its nothing I can't handle with my dive and drop. It's really what keeps me going, these fights that I run into. It's nice to have a purpose.

The grass is underneath my feet. I've taken off my boots and am walking, letting the grass brush my ankles softly. It tickles when I take a step but it keeps my thoughts at bay. I feel a touch on my shoulder.
"Hey there, pretty lady." I twirl around.
It's Jay.

Oh please no not again.
Please, please, please.

"Go away." I fight to keep my voice steady, but honestly, I'm feeling pretty sturdy.
I unsheathed my dagger and he draws his crossbow.
I'm sweating now, and my sword is slippery. But I'm not about to show any-

I sit bolt upright. My breathes come short and I stand up. Bad idea. Dizziness floods me from the motion, and I go back down. Taking slow. Four count breathes, I steady myself.
"Easy there, don't go getting unstable now, not this far in the game." It's Rin. He's usually around whenever I'm not on top of everything. But something seems off.
"I'm okay, don't worry."
He looks pale, almost white, and it's not good.
"We have a new plan, but we have a problem. You need to come outside." I can barely make out his last words. He shakes as he walked and tears fall down to the floor. I start to run. Shoving him out of the way I sprint outside. Doe's standing next to three familiar figures.
Lola.
Gregg.
Yvette.
There's only four of us left. My knees wobble under me and I crumble. I can't move, nor can I speak.
"It was him wasn't it?"
"Yeah, and he left us a note too."

Trust me, death is gloriously painful for the ones killed by my hand.
-J