Chapter 3

NO A/N TODAY!

CHAPTER 3

8:32 AM

<AMELIA'S P.O.V>

OUTSIDE WAREHOUSE, LOCATION UNSPECIFIED

Stevens, Jackson and I were on the left side of the warehouse, pinned against the wall, while Barrymore, Fredrickson and Miller were on the other side. I made the signal to Barrymore to start moving in. All six of us moved in slowly. Unfortunately we hadn't founf any leapers on the way to the warehouse, the trip was only an hour long. We rehearsed the directions many a times beforehand. This warehouse was spotted when our group was looking for shelter a week and a bit ago, we decided it was worth checking out.

We started scoping the ailes. I was crouched low, with my gun aimed, searching the shelves to see if I could find a leaper, no such luck. I reached the end of my designated ailse at the same time as Miller, I signalled to him to tell him it was clear, he did the same back.

Soon enough the whole place was scoped, except for Fredricksons.

Then I heard it, first the sound of the wailing, then the gunshots.

"I NEED BACKUP!" Fredrickson shouted.

"Barrymore!" I ran with Barrymore to Fredrickson and saw the leaper right by the shelf looking up at...Fredrickson? He climbed the shelf...

"Fredrickson get down now and try grab its legs! I'll distract it!" He did as he was told and I shot once at the leaper to get its attention.

"Come here! Come on! Attack me!" I provoked the leaper until fredrickson was down. I know had the leapers full attention.

"NOW!" I screamed at them. they pounced on the leaper and grabbed a leg each, it couldnt move. I stared the leaper right in the eye as I held the gun to his head.

"This is for Garret," I said before pulling the trigger. The leaper let out a shrill scream before falling limp in the arms of my allys, 2 of the 99 other fighters back at base camp.

"Stevens, you get the truck and take the supplies as they come, the rest of you, grab as much food as you possibly can and bring it back to the truck until it's full," I stared at faces of my allys. "And stay on guard, I don't want any of you dying," Everyone ran off to their posisions and we proceeded to raid the building, god knows what it used to be before everything happened, before the leapers (as we like to call them) came from the sky...

10:27 AM

<AMELIA'S P.O.V>

BASE CAMP, LOCATION UNSPECIFIED

We arrived back at camp with a truckload of food. The cheers coming from the spectators was one of hope, hope that maybe we could survive. I'm not so sure.

"Amelia! Well done!" My father ran up to me and wrapped me up into a bear hug.

"We killed one," I said simply. My father grinned from ear to ear.

"That's what I like to hear!" He ruffled my hair and joined the cheering crowd who were now carrying the food into the storage room.

I was suddenly pulled into an unexpected hug.

"Well done," Jackson smiled up at me when he let go.

"Hey, you helped, we're a team," I smiled.

"Hey Amelia, I want to talk to you about u-," He was cut off by the sound of a motorcycle, the cheering around us stopped and I drew my gun immediately. The rest of the armed fighters around followed suit.

I found the source of the noise, it was in fact, a motorcycle, with a man on it, looked about 18.

"What do you want!" I said fiercly. My gun was now pointing at him.

"Okay, shows over guys, lets get inside!" Miller started briniging everyone inside, the armed fighters stayed with me. the man on the motorcycle put his hands up in surrender.

"Hey, I've got no weapons, I do have something else you might need, in exchange for something of yours," He smirked at me and started moving his hands towards his bag.

"HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE! If you so much as move a muscle, you're head is gone, you hear me?!" I screamed at him.

"Woah, okay, okay," His hands shot back up.

"Stevens, go check the bag," He nodded and made his way towards the man and his bag. He opened it up.

"Wow, Hyland, we should get Marlice out here, she would want to see this," He raised his eyebrows and pulled something that to us right now, was practically gold, gold in a bottle...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh! What is it? post your suggestions in the comments!

FOLLOW

RATE

AND COMMENT

BYEE XX P.S IGNORE MISTAKES NOT PROOF READ!