Chapter 14

Tobias POV

Walking into the dining hall, I sit next to Zeke while Marlene grabs Tris and takes her to the other side of the table. They seem to be having a deep conversation, well at least Marlene does. Tris looks like she is bored out of her mind. She must be talking to her about shoes or something, maybe something to deal with the upcoming weddings.

"So..." Zeke knocks me out of my reprieve. I look at him and raise my eyebrow. "Seems you and Tris are really getting along. I mean she was already in your room, and I think I have seen her in some of your clothes." He winks at me. I roll my eyes.

"Bro, it isn't like that. You know someone or something broke into her room, she was hiding in the freaking closet. I brought her to my room and got the guards and when I went back she was sleeping and I wasn't going to wake her, and as for wearing my clothes if you remember hers were covered in Eric's blood and she was in shock. But..." I sit up a bit straighter. "I really do get along with Tris, it's like I don't know like a magnetic pull that just keeps me going back to her. She is beyond beautiful, she's wicked smart, damn good with a knife, fearless with a gun, and sexy as hell riding a horse. She is a natural at all this, it's like she was born just so she could come here to me."

Zeke looks at me blank for a moment as I compose myself after spilling all of that. Then his face goes into a large teeth showing smile. He pats me on the back.

"I'm happy for you man. You deserve something good in your life and Tris seems really happy with you too. Your living the dream, you get to marry someone you truly want to spend the rest of your life with. You know you are really lucky Four, you get an easy date and romantic ideas and junk because she is willing to ride without side saddling and crap. I couldn't get Shauna on a horse at all and Uriah couldn't get Marlene even to the stables."

That makes me get a proud smile on my face, I am pretty damn lucky. I take a drink of water, but then his smile falters and he gets a serious look on his face. I lean in closer after taking a bite of my lunch.

"Now, all you have to do is figure out who is after her and why."

He is right. Someone is obviously gunning for her. It could be Peter. He wasn't happy about the entire situation of the choosing ceremony. He could want to steal her and force her hand before she could marry me. Peter, he's an ass but I couldn't see him as a mastermind in Tris' attempted kidnappings. It doesn't mean he isn't involved though. I internally cringe at the thought of the man who took my parents from me and scaring my back, could he be involved. If so then it isn't Tris he would be after necessarily she could just be a mean to an end.

"Well, she is an incredibly fast learner so at least she will be able to protect herself a bit more, but we will figure out who is after her or us. I won't let anything happen to her if I can help it."

"I know man, and me and Uriah we got your back every step of the way. Now enough of the heavy shit for right now cause looks like Tris is heading for you."

The smile quickly returns to Zeke's face and I can't help smiling as I watch Tris walking towards me.

Tris POV

I can't believe how hungry I am. We walk into the dining hall and Four goes to the seat directly next to Zeke, I am about to sit next to him when Marlene comes running up to me grabbing my arm and dragging me over to her and Shauna at the other end of the table. Marlene keeps talking about our upcoming weddings. I really could care less about it and though I know I need to remain polite I am completely bored out of my mind, and to make matters worse she is blocking my lunch, so I am forced to just lay back in my chair and pretend to be interested.

"and Oh my god we need shoes, and I wonder how long of a train we will have, I mean I know you'll want the longest and all since your like going to be the queen and all, but I always dreamed of having a long elegant train and a matching veil. Oh maybe we can all get matching circlets. Oh and..."

I need fooooood.

"Marlene would you mind if we continue this conversation while eating I have been outside training all day and could really use some nourishment, if you don't mind that is."

Thank god, she is allowing me to eat. I don't know if the food is really as good as it taste or if I am just so hungry at this point I don't care. Marlene is a really nice girl but she is such a girly girl, shoes, dresses, veils. I just am not really into that. I honestly have yet to give any real thought to my own wedding. I know I just want it simple and have my family there, after that I don't really care. When I am done eating and Marlene takes a breath between sentences I politely excuse myself telling her we will continue the conversation later I jump up and make my way back to Tobias. I smile when I see him look over at me, he smiles in return. I have decided that my favorite thing to look at other than Tobias' eyes is his smile.