2. family

I was taking a stroll, having the fresh air consume myself as I walk.

I was going to go to Anteiku, a place where some of my ghoul friends reside. Not all of the ghouls there are my friends... Only like one person annoys the heck out of me, but thats besides the point.

Entering Anteiku, I got a few 'welcome' and smiles.

"Hello my lovely people!" I exclaimed cheerily and walked towards Touka and Kaneki, two of my best friends.

"Hey Melani." Kaneki greeted with that kind voice of his.

"Hi."

"So, Touka, Kaneki... What's up? And where are the rest?"

"The roof." Touka muttered sarcastically. "They went out to get some things."

Her violet eyes widened as she remembered something. "Right, I was suppossed to close the shop."

"Hey everyone! We're very sorry for the trouble, but we have to close early today!" She walked away from us.

The customers groaned and left the store.

"Hmm, Kaneki, can you make me some coffee? I just came here to have a warm drink after all," I looked at Kaneki. He always wore an eyepatch because his right eye would go crazy when he's hungry.

He's half-ghoul. It all happened from Rize.

To be honest, I kind of like Rize but not so much when she turned Kaneki into a ghoul.

The reason I liked her was because she was a binge eater.

Binge eaters are ghouls who basically eat alot for fun or just because they're hungry but not as much as a ghoul would be without human flesh for two months.

"Melani! Hey, are you with me?" Kaneki was snapping his fingers at my face.

I shook my head, "Sorry, Just thinking."

"I kind of figured.. You were staring at me for about one minute now."

"Sorry," I apologize again. "Now make me coffee my servant!"

He laughed as I pushed him playfully.

"Alright." He went behind the counter, brewing me some coffee.

---

"Ahhh, so warm and delicious." I sigh in pleasure.

"Thank you Kaneki and Touka." I said as I hand them some coins.

"You're very welcome here, Melly. Never forget that." Touka smiled.

"Yeah. We're all a family." Kaneki finished.

My lips stretched into a small smile.

How did I ever get so lucky to have them?

"Thank you, again." I get up from my seat and head to the exit. "I will be taking my leave now."

I wave while I push the doors and get embraced by fresh air.

As I walk down the stairs that headed to the streets I see four figures wearing hoods.

I eye them suspiciously and stared at them until they closed the doors after they invaded inside Anteiku.

Glaring the heck out of the door, I decided to stay and keep an eye out of my friends.

I hid inside an alleyway next to Anteiku.

After a few minutes, I hear glass shattering and my eyes widened.

A familiar voice drummed in my ears and my eyes narrow.

Yamori...

Stepping cautiously against the walls of Anteiku, I peek through the window that was seperating danger and me.

My eyes widened and they slowly turned to a shade of red.

Black took over my sclera and all I saw was red.

How dare he... Touch... My friends...

I am going to kill Yamori.

And feast on his fat flesh...

562 words.

---

ANOTHER CHAPTER IS COMING RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE.