CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Pain....endless pain.....and then blackness...and then pain again...

DAMN THIS PAIN!!! It was nothing compared to the next step...

I couldn't breathe. My life was getting sucked out of me. I could see black spots swirling infront of my eyes.

The hunter took a final look at me and said,"We will be together now. No one will come between us."

And with that,he started to suck the life out of me.

The yells from my desperate friends seemed to drift away from me. I wanted to scream and shout, but I was too numb. Moreover, James was taking his own sweet time in making me a soulless monster.
My senses started to dim and my breathing faltered second by second.

Suffocating, my mind screamed, you're suffocating.

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Hisperia's P.O.V

"NO!" I screamed as I saw the process happening infront of me. It was horrifying to be honest. Usually, I was expecting the 'drinking-your-blood-till-it-gets-over' or even the 'biting-you-and-transferring-the-venom', but this was something unseen of. James was actually, sucking out Heidi's soul. He had just kept his mouth close to hers and the next thing was the big white fog coming out from Heidi's mouth.

She was writhing in his arms, twisting in agony.

She was dying!

Besides me, Seth was struggling hard with the ropes and keeping his eyes averted from the scene in front of us. Rohan was still unconscious.

"Yes!" Seth whispered as he freed himself and got up quickly. He turned towards me but I shook my head frantically and looked at Heidi. He nodded and almost charged on James when,

"Woof!" A huge pile of fur came out of nowhere and attacked James.

"What the-" Seth stopped dead in his tracks.

"Ya Duch, teach that dunderhead a lesson." A voice ordered and in my view, came a boy who was definitely our age. He was panting heavily while Seth tried helping me with the damn ropes. The dog was snarling and I heard James yelling,"Get off of me, you wretched thing!"

The guy went over to Heidi and pulled her up in his arms and came towards us. By the looks of it, I had a feeling that this guy is surely to be Max. Heidi's eyes flickered open and she groaned.

"You'll be fine babe!" Max whispered. Heidi trembled when she heard the growls escaping from James mouth.

"We have to-" Seth was about to say something when we heard the dog howl in pain.

"HEIDI IS MINE!" And suddenly, Seth was hit by a big rock and Max was pushed aside, his head making contact with the tree. Heidi was sprawled on the ground, breathing normally but her eyes kept on flickering towards me, begging for help. My ropes were loose by now and I tried freeing my hands before James could complete the process.

"Oh no no! You are not stopping me now!" And with that James punched me hard in the stomach. I whimpered in pain as I saw him dragging Heidi in the middle of the clearing. He brought his mouth close to her's again and started the procedure when suddenly,

"Stay away from her!" Max yelled as he rushed forward, and pushed her away, only to stand in her place.

Something happened, with the exchange of places. James started to tremble and scream in agony and so did Max. Both of them kneeled on the ground and it happened.