Chapter 30

Claire's pov

We left the building and right outside was Natasha with a black car. "Ready to go?" Clint asks, walking to the trunk and pulling Natasha's bag from it. "Uh, what are you doing?" Nat asks confused.

"Tell anyone and I'll leak those photos from the party. Claire, hop in." Clint talks fast, pushing Nat into the car and helping me into the trunk. "Keep it on you." he hands me my phone, although when he took it I'm not sure. With that he closes the trunk. The car starts and we were off.

Natasha's pov

"Are you crazy?" I ask once Clint steps into the car. He started it up and began driving not saying a word. "Why...just tell me why and I will help." This got his attention. He thought for a minute before letting out a sigh.

"You should have seen her at the expo. The second she saw her father, I mean...she really misses him and when they told her she couldn't without any reason...she was broken. I hate to admit it but she's grown on me and seeing her so upset...I guess that's why. That's why I'm doing this. To make sure I never see her cry." I study Clint's form and let out a sigh of my own.

"She really is something else huh?" I ask with a fond smile. As much as I hate to admit it myself, the girl is one of those people you just need smiling. If she's unHappy then everyone else is. "Alright, I won't tell anyone." Clint looks over with a smile.

"Thanks." I nod and open up the folder for my mission. "Nat, listen when you get back from this, you want to go to the cheese cake factory again? I can leave Claire with Phil or Stark. "Clint asked. "Oh you and your cheese cake...sure, I think I could use some cheese cake."

"Here we are. Stark towers." Clint spoke out. "Thanks." I smile. Hopping from the car, I grab my bag and just before walking off I tap on the trunk. "Bye girl." I call. There was a soft tap from inside and I chuckle walking off. I can't believe Clint actually put her in the trunk.

Claire's pov

The car came to a stop for a second time and the trunk opened. "hey, hope it wasn't too bumpy." Clint smiled, helping me from the trunk. "Nope, wait where are we?" looking around, we were in the middle of nowhere yet it seemed oddly familiar.

"Couldn't pull up to the house because they could track the car back to us. Your house is just down that way. You going to be okay?" I nod happily. "Thank you so much Clint." He smiled and opened his arms for a hug which I quickly accepted.

"Be safe, stay calm, and if you need anything feel free to text me. Meet up here when you're ready for a pick up." I nod and with that Clint pokes my nose, hops in the car and drives off. Once Clint's car was out of sight, I walk off down the road and sure enough the house came into view. I quicken my pace and soon arrive at the front door.

"Should I knock? Nah...it's my house too." I whisper to myself. Opening the door, I walk in looking around. Not much has changed, in fact the only change is that new photo on the wall. The photo of me, dad, and Nick that fatal day so long ago.

Looking at it, tears start rolling down my cheeks when an all too familiar voice starts up. "The notary is here! Can you please come sign the transfer paper work?" Pepper's voice called. I wiped my eyes and started towards the voice.

There in the gym was dad and Happy in boxing clothes with Pepper and Natasha standing by the other door for the room. Wait, why is Natasha here?! "I promise you this is the only time I will ask you to sigh over your company." Pepper remarked. Wait...he is signing over the company? To who? Why? I thought it was to be me?

"Why?" covering my mouth with both hands, all heads snap to me in surprise. "I'm sorry, who are you and how did you get in here?" Pepper questioned. I rolled my eyes and gained more courage seeing Natasha smile at me.

"I asked the first question and I want to know why." I started approaching dad at the ring. "Because he can. Now leave before we call the cops." Pepper said getting annoyed. I don't blame her...I was still in my wig and contacts.

Dad stood there mouth open wide with surprise. "I thought the company was to go to the next Stark." I said in annoyance. I was right in front of the boxing ring now. "Well it is in the contract that when a Stark choses to have ownership of the company, they will be automatically put as second in command until the current CEO is sure they can handle the job." Natasha said.

I nodded and looked closer at father. There were soft, barely noticeable blue lines dotting his skin like a maze. "VI, scan Tony Stark. I want a full medical report." I said just loud enough for dad to hear. "Don't. please." Dad whispered.

"Scanning. It will take a while to process the medical report." VI spoke. I nod to VI and dad just stood there worried. "Excuse me, but you really need to leave." Pepper said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I sighed turned to her and puller her close. "Pepper, it's me Claire." I whispered. Her eyes widened and she quickly returned the hug.

"I'm sorry...I didn't recognize you." she spoke loud enough for others to hear keeping up my persona which I was glad for. "The names Renee Blanco." I smiled, holding out my hand for Natasha. She smiled and held out her hand. "Natalie Rushman" so this was her mission? I wonder what they want to find out that they couldn't just ask me. Strange.