Heart to Heart

Elissa stares at the ceiling, through half-lidded eyes, trying to think of what to write. That's always what bothers her.

how to give a review, without been too critical, but no too...up there.

Especially when its "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies".

It was a brilliant movie, sure, but what to write?

The original book, due to the movie, was back on the charts, for the eighth time in the last eighty years, since Book Reviews started, In the London Prophet.

She sighed and discontinued to stare at the ceiling, stand up from her crossed legged position, wandering into the kitchen, welcoming the cool breeze, flowing in through the open window, above the sink.

Elissa smiled; autumn was upon the Northern Hemisphere tomorrow. How she loved Autumn.

Mixed memories from childhood, teenage years, and the adult years, shared with her sister and daughter, jumping into piles of gold and red leaves, crumbling at touch, the smell of hot chocolate and marshmallows, the sound of Coldplay coming from the CD player.

And ever since her daughter, Geraldene, had come into her world three years ago, in autumn, it made Elissa love the season even more.

Geraldene, the typical British three year old.

Small, chubby, funny, cute, asks around five million questions a day, about everything. Due to her aunt, terrified of wild geese, and an underage coffee drinker, which Portia encourages and Elissa despairs, and a fan of chocolate. Thanks to Portia and Elissa, Geraldene's teachers will die, when they see her lunch box, when she starts school.

Portia.

Elissa's younger sister, the wild one, free, and gay.

(When I say "Gay", not Lesbian, but the old term "Gay" Which means our "good time". A term your grandparents would be familiar with.)

Young, blonde and not in the slightest dumb.

Elissa didn't really mind the fact that Geraldene spent that little bit more time with Portia, than she did Geraldene.

Geraldene din't mind either.

She loved her aunt, like her own mother.

Maybe because she's her aunt, or the fact that Portia soils her to death.

For Elissa, more the fact of completely free day-care.

She smiled as she remembered the last time Portia had brought Geraldene home, both of them wearing guilty faces and hot-chocolate mustaches, due to froth.

Since Elissa and Portia had been twenty-five, their hangout was "Heart to Heart". Or, as Geraldene had nicknamed it once she was old enough to speak, "Choccy Heaven".

They had accidentally discovered this little place, when Portia accidentally reversed in the owners Toyota.

Geraldene, only been three months old, had astounded the owners and elderly Italian couple, who had instsited that they came into the cafe, gave the two women hot chocolate, gave details whilst checking over geraldene.

After details had been swapped, and their mechanics booked, the Italian couple had insisted that they come back,, and after time, it had been Elissa and Portia's regular hangout, with Geraldene.