I'm Not The Only One

As Portia strapped her niece into her booster seat, she captured a lock of her aunts blonde hair, and gave it a gentle tug. Portia turned around, to see Geraldene smiling, little dots of reflected light from the passing traffic, dancing in her dark eyes. "Auntie Tia, can I ask you something please?" Portia couldn't exactly refuse could she, not that she wanted too. "Yeah bub?"

"This morning with mummy, we rang you. Instead, a man answered, and it was not you auntie Tia? Why would he be answering your phone?" She asked, her tone plain curiosity. Portia felt her eyes widen, and gulp slightly. SHIT. "Love, I know it's a big thing to ask, but you can't tell Vera ok?" Geraldene nodded her head vigorously, her curls tumbling up and down. "Auntie Tia has got a boyfriend, sweetheart. His name is Merak, and he is a really lovely chap. I've been going out with him for the last two years. You were only a baby, when I met Merak, so you wouldn't remember him."

"But mummy would have knew him."

"Yeah, mummy knows him."

"So why did she say, "I don't care if you're doing rumpy pumpy with my sister, just treat her right. And when my daughter goes around to Tia's, I don't want you in a six kilometer radius of her, understand? Otherwise you'll be dealing with mother Hulk." And why did mummy tell him to "Fuck off" auntie Tia?" Geraldene deadpanned, imitating holding a phone up against her mouth.

"Vera likes Merak, she just loves to fight with him."

"Ohh." Geraldene rolled her pretty brown eyes.

Portia closed the rear drivers door, and got into the driver's seat, bending around the back to see that Geraldene still had her buckles done up.

Before Portia drove out of the carpark, she quickly turned on the radio, and took off, as the money on the parking meter was nearly up, and, the parking-meter people are right barstards.

Portia felt like doing a sketch of one, and adding them to her latest collection of sketches, the collection named:

The World's Greatest Pricks

So far, in that particular collection, she had sketched Cardinal George Pell, if you could call the arsehole a cardinal, Ivan Milat, and his ridiculous mustache, Charles Windsor, emphasizing the size his nose greatly, Justin Bieber, little shite, and Chris Brown, up yours too you woman basher.

She sighed, as she twiddled with the tuning dial, and almost whooped with joy as Sam Smith came on. As far as it went, She rather liked Smith, admist all this modern BOOM BOOM BOOM music.

You and me,

We made a vow

For better or for worse,

I can't believe you let me down

But the blues,

In a way,

It hurts

Portia turned up Bonds street, and parked, thankfully, in a space without a parking meter, she helped Geraldene out of her car seat, and Portia swung her niece up onto her shoulders, and together, they marched, bravely, into Heart to Heart, ready to smother anything chocolate that got in their way.