Chapter 2

Chapter Turd

As soon as class finished, Tavi lazily stood up and curved her body towards my direction. She stuck two of her fingers up and tilted them, making the peace sign. "Hey, my name's Tavi. Let me tell you a bit about myself." She brought out her hands in front of her and tilted her head to one side.

"I'm known as the hippy slash hipster of the school. Yes, I do wear shoes, I'm not that crazy. I'm not British, I think you could tell by my voice obviously. And no, just because I'm not British, doesn't mean I sound like those certain annoying 'Murican people. I mean, they have really high pitched voices, am I right?" She asked

I nodded unknowingly, rocking my body back and forth.

"Yeah I know. Anyways, I moved here five years ago. I talk a lot. I love Nutella. I love animals. I pretty much love everything and everyone except for people who don't do their assignments." She said unenthusiastically, eyeing behind her. I laughed awkwardly because I didn't really know what to do. Her voice was so sarcastic.

She had red hair that was all extremely curly, with straight bangs, and she had a bit of freckles. Her eyes were an enthralling bright blue and her face was guarded by huge black glasses. She was at least two or three inches taller than me, and honestly had the "hippy-est" or "hipster-iest" clothes I've ever seen.

My thoughts of observing were quickly cut off by her hand waving around, almost smacking my nose.

"Oh, do you not shake hands? Sorry, I don't know if that's not what you do from where you're from..." She said, slowly pulling her hand away. I laughed, "No, sorry. I just zoned out for a second there."

I grabbed a hold of her hand and attempted to shake it but she stopped me right away.

"No wait, we need to have some sort of cool handshake." She smiled while fiddling with my fingers for about 30 seconds. I kept on looking at her and then back at our hands which she was doing random crap with. I definitely remember one part being consisted of her kicking her legs on the air and twirling around, which I awkwardly tried to follow to.

Then I saw her ending with a fist pump."Can you remember that?" She finally asked, letting go of my hand.

Psh, I wasn't even paying attention.

"Umm... " I started saying quietly, raising my eyebrow.

"No? Well, I guess we can start over again." Tavi grabbed my hand again and I mentally groaned. She was in the verge of laughing and I could tell she was trying to hide it. A boy from behind her grabbed her shoulders and slightly pushed her away.

"Annoying the new girl already, I see." He chuckled and stuck his hand out towards me. "My name's Harry."

"His name is Harold." Tavi corrected.

"My name is Harry." He gave her the evil eye. Tavi smiled and put her hands up in defence.

I simply shook his hand, no special handshake, thankfully. Tavi then wrapped her hand around my shoulders and walked me out of the classroom. "His name is Harold. I try to call him Harry because I'm a nice person, but also because he thinks it sounds 'cooler'. He's so stupid." She whispered into my ear.

"I heard that." He called from behind us.

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, what's your name?" Tavi raised both her eyebrows.

"Charlotte. But you can call me Charlie. Most people do." I smiled.

"Ooh. She's irish."

"That's Australian, you idiot." Harry said.