Lena, chapter 3

As a small craft landed behind her, it drove her attention away from the Apollian in front of her. Annoyed at the presence of her enemies, she huffed and ordered the soldiers to move both of the people over to her line of sight, right next to each other. The Apollians looked odd, and their faces was more square than anything Lenaan had ever seen before. When the smaller one pulled out it's weapon, Lena activated her energy sword.

"I am Sergeant Ukobach of the Artemis Special Forces Air Defense and if you do not lower your weapon's aim from my platoon, then I will have no choice but to take drastic measures and disable you. Do you understand?" Lenaan's voice was loud and clear, as it was apparent that the person was in a state where hallucinations were evident.

"Let's just agree to NOT ventilate each other for the time being." It responded. The emotions that ran across Lenaan's face were just absolutely entertaining to watch. First, there was disbelief, and offense followed. Then, she furrowed her eyebrows in awe of what the request was.

"Apollian, you do realize that we are at war? That means my people and yours willingly meet at a place to kill each other.. How long have you been wounded?"

"Um, excuse me? I don't mean to interrupt, Sergeant, and by no means do I mean any disrespect, but I'm a field Doctor and surgeon and I believe I can aid both of you." The larger one spoke up. He then removed his helmet as well and looked at Lenaan. "But only if you remove your helmet and lower your weapon, so we can have a civilized discussion." Lenaan eyed him and hesitated, then he added "Don't worry, the oxygen is safe."

There was a way of how this person spoke that persuaded Lenaan to do so. So, she put her weapon away and slowly took off her helmet, and placed it at her side. Lena's bright blue eyes still glimmered in the dim light, and she breathed in the sweet, natural oxygen. Without her helmet, she could see the two Apollians with better ease; and began noticing more features to report back to Artemis.

"I will examine his wounds and potentially operate. Is that alright with you?" Lenaan carefully thought and then nodded. He slowly pulled out a small bag, and as she watched, she noticed the Apollian's eyes flicker quickly behind her, like he saw something other than her soldiers. She was to investigate later. But in the mean time, she was going to find out everything she could about these people.

"So.. what should I call you both?"