Gift

This chapter is dedicated to Miss_Lonely_Vampire thanks for supporting and reading this story. Love lots! ♡

I decided to run. I had to do something but I can't. I just can't. My mom needs me, and I also need her. I can't bare seeing her suffer like that. She's too sweet and kind. She doesn't deserve any of those! I love you mom and I'm sorry if I can't do anything right now but I promise, I will help you get out in the world of sorrow and pain.

A tear escaped from her eyes as she stopped running. Only to realized that she was in the seashore a few kilometers away from the woods. That place used to be her playground when she was a child. Her mother used to bring her there and play with her, building their dream house on the sand.

Flashes of memories came in her mind.

Flashback *

"When I grow up I promise to take care of you mom. We will make this dream house true. You don't have to sew and work anymore. I will make you a queen mom! I promise"

Little girl said with her mom while they are in the shore. As she raise her right hand as a sign of promise.

Her mother shed a tear. She was touched by what her daughter said. And she is also proud to raise a child like Freya.

"I know that you will take care of us Freya. Your a strong and kind girl. But for now let me take care of you first alright? I love you princess"

Her mother said trying to hold back her tears.

They hugged each other and started playing again.

End of flashback *

She sat on the sand letting the cold water reach her feet. She continued crying for a few minutes and started to create a small house from the sand.

She badly miss the old days. Where her only problem is how to protect her sand house from the waves of water.

A few hours had passed when she finally finished her art. She sadly smile when a strong wind blew followed by the waves of water. In a few seconds her sand house was gone. Water start to occupy her eyes.

"Before you start crying again let me introduce you to my friend, Bree."

Freya turn around only to see Brent standing at her back, holding

A black cat.

"You don't need to speak. I know your so down right now and I can't think of anything to do just to make you feel better. And while searching for you I found her"

"How can a black cat make me feel better? Can you please tell me?"

Even though she's confuse, she asked Brent.

"She's not a typical cat you can imagine I am telling you. So, here. Take her. I am giving her to you as a gift?"

"May I know what is special about this cat? And a gift? For what? It's not my birthday you gotta be kidding me"

Brent held Bree to Freya. At first she was rejecting it but Brent reassured her.

"Hold her and play with her fur. I'm sure it will make you happy"

Freya followed Brent. She's touching and playing with it's fur when a sudden snow flakes flew.

And it continuesly spreads out on the air. It is coming from the cat. Opposite to it's color, the flakes are as white as snow and floating like a star in the air.

Freya was speechless. She was so amazed. She can't even believe that this cat has something in it that can suddenly make you happy by their glowing flakes.

"I.. I.. Thank you B-Brent"

Freya said shyly looking down to Bree.

"I hope Bree can help you cope up. Since I can't help you with that"

"I hope so. But anyways thank you. It really delighted me."

"I'm glad to hear that. So are you ready to go now?"

Freya stayed silent. She also stopped rubbing Bree's fur. She doesn't want to go home yet. Because she knows that she will only have a lots of free time to think again about her mom when they go home.

"Can we stay here for a while? I m..mean st..stay with me here. I need someone to talk to since Bree doesn't seem talking"

She said nervously. She doesn't even know why she feel so tense when Brent's around. Well yeah she knows why. She just keep denying it to her self.

She likes Brent. And she has no plans of telling it to him. Yet.