twelve-everything i didn't say

"The way you held me, I wish that I had put you first. I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss while you were slipping through my fingertips."
~5 Seconds Of Summer

Chapter Twelve- Everything I Didn't Say

I woke up with the worst hangover ever known to man. It was worse than my migraines. It was like the throbbing was a thousand worse and on top of that, I wanted to puke all over my bed sheets. Wait a second... How did I get back to my room? What happened at the party? Last night was a complete blank to me and the thing I remembered was drinking with Lauren.

As I got up I nearly screamed, and nearly stepped on her, when I saw Lauren sleeping on a spare camp mattress that we had in the house. I tiptoed over her made my way downstairs where I found Hunter, Tom and Lola talking in the living room. They all stared at me when I came in.

"Good morning?" I tried. They were acting a little weird.

Lola stood up and made me sit down on the couch, "Katie, do you feel okay?" She asked.

I nodded, "I mean apart from the unbearable hangover that feels like someone's driving a nail into my skull, I'm fine." I replied dryly, giving her a smile. But she didn't return it. I looked around at everyone and they looked nervous. "Okay what's going on?"

Lola fidgeted a bit, "Well... You kind of drank too much and fainted. According to Hunter." She explained.

"Wait what?! Please can you explain more." I begged Hunter, looking at him wth pleading eyes.

"I don't have to do anything for you." Hunter snapped and just left my house, slamming the door on his way out. That left me even more confused.

"Why does Hunter seem mad at me?" I asked. Tom glanced at Lola.

"We're going to have to tell her one day you know." Lola told him. So Tom started explaining.

It started off with Lauren and I taking a few shots but then Mike and his friends came and joined us. We took a little too many and Hunter and Lola tried to stop us but we wouldn't listen. A few hours later Hunter saw me throw up and collapse. They took me home, and Lauren who was conscious but barely, because I begged them not to take me to hospital since my mum would kill me after I had recovered from my loss of consciousness. It was a lot to take in but now the blanks from last night just were filled in. I kind of wishes they weren't though. It wasn't any better than not remembering.

"Was that why Hunter's mad at me? Because I was so stupid last night and drank too much?" I asked him.

He bit his lip nervously, "Well you see... Something else happened. We kept telling him that you were drunk off your ass and didn't know what was happening but-"

"What?! What did I do?" I exclaimed in a panic. God, please don't say I told him something stupid. Or danced with the furniture. I tended to do weird shit when I was drunk. I was one found making out with a vacuum but let's not go into that.

"You... You were with Mike the whole night and he apparently saw you two making out." Tom said quietly.

"But-But I didn't! I swear, I didn't. I don't even remember seeing Mike last night." I explain to them in a rush.

"That's what we figured but Hunter's too stubborn to believe it." Lola said sympathetically. Then I remembered that pretty blonde girl he was talking to while I was pissed. In both ways. I would've laughed at my own joke but I was too muddled up and plus my hangover was killing me.

"By the way, did you guys see the blonde girl he was with last night?" I asked them. They both shook their heads, confused. "Okay. I was just wondering."