Chapter Three - First Blood

RECAP:

Ai grinned madly, insanely, as he swerved around and headed for his first target- Emile, whos white hair totally ruined his wonderfully red eyes. His scimitars flashed with the promise of pain. He closed in for the kill...

Chapter Three 

First Blood

~~~//~~~

Ai felt his weapon hit fabric. He heard the ripping of flesh. He smelled that beautifully fragrant red blood. But Emile was not hurt.

Hazel and Guy spun around in half confusion, half terror. Emile's eyes widened as he felt the tiny drops of blood splatter onto his cheek.

Ai cackled like a madman, his eyes flashing with the delight of inflicted injury. Ao growled past cleched teeth and pushed against his blade, catching him off-guard.

For truely Ao was there, having jumped in front of Emile at the very last possible second. The scimitar had come down on her arms, which she had formed into an X, and she was bleeding.

She was bleeding.

Hazel screamed in surprise and Guy's eyes widened, his mouth hanging open and tiny noises of shock coming out. Emile just stared in horror as the blade cut even deeper into her arm. Crimson blossomed over her sleeves and dripped down onto the floor.

"Ao!" Hazel yelled, just snapping out of her trance. Her eyes flashed dangerously and a window broke, making her spin around with a yelp.

Guy gritted his teeth and felt the anger well up as it always did, collecting like puddles in a rainstorm. Yet there were no puddles now- only thin layers of smoke beginning to rise from him. Just as Hazel was going to ask if something was wrong, fire burst out all over his body and Hazel yelped again, jumping at least four feet in the air.

Ai grinned and ripped his blades out of Ao's arms, swinging again rapidly at her side. Ao leaped back barely in time and then darted around the red-haired man, throwing her hands out in front of her with the palms facing towards him.

He tried to dodge, but it was too late. White fire burst from her pale, uncovered hand while black fire raged from her gloved left hand. Ai screeched in both pain and anger, jumping straight up in the air.

"A-Ao!" Hazel exclaimed, eyes wide and practically firy with all the light coming from them. "What's going on?!"

Ao seemed just now to remember Hazel, Guy and Emile, hissing a swear under her breath and reaching into her tumbling white cloak. "Hazel!" she cried, pulling out a dark object and pulling it behind her head to throw. "Catch!"

Hazel was caught off-guard by the pinwheeling object and barely managed to get her hand up in time to catch it. When it was fully in her grasp, she stared at it in confusion and terror. It was a sword- a long, REAL sword that felt slightly heavy in her hands. "Wh-what the...?" she whispered, amazed.

"You have to defend yourself!" Ao screamed to her. "You too, Guy, you have to- AH!"

Ai had recovered and roared in rage, tacking Ao without a second thought. A rolling flash of red and white ended in Ai on top of Ao, their interlocked hands pushing against the other's and shaking and swaying back and forth between the two.

Suddenly and without warning, Ai leaped off of Ao and sped towards Hazel.  Hazel's eyes popped and she froze in fear as Ao jumped up, but was too late.

Before Hazel even knew what was happening, the sword clutched tightly in her hands was held up and locked with both of Ai's scimitars.  The blades fought for a few seconds before Ai suddenly went flying back.  Hazel was set off balance by the sudden lack of force and stumbled forwards, tripping onto her knees.