Chapter 2

The Cafe was still open. We went inside, and talked and laughed. I found out that his name was Charlie and how he knew me. He knew me because we went to elementary school and we were friends, but then he moved and we lost connection and forgot each other. It's all coming back to me now. He needs my help, he came to me because I am the only one he can trust. 

When I got home it was late. But I learned something- I learned that he was like the Robin Hood of our generation. He needs my help because the police are onto him. I said I will do it. 

The next day I found a job at a local, home run, thrift shop. My boss is terrible! His name is Conner, he has tattoos all up his arm and smokes. I hate the smell of smoke, it makes me gag. He hates me and is always rude to me. So you may ask why did I apply or not quit? Well because I need the money and I get a discount on the thrift shop. They have super cute clothes. He makes me work 12 hours a day from 7am to 7pm. I am so tired! Everyday I get up at 5:30, take a shower, apply mascara and put my long, light brown, straight hair in a bun. Then I take the hour haul (with an extra 15 minutes to get an espresso from The Cafe) to work.  One day he got mad because I was 2 minutes late. He said "If this happens again, Missy, you'll be fired!!!" I was mad and I yelled. He threatened to call the police. 

The good news is that I have some money- enough to buy food and pay my rent. The bad news is that I don't have enough for extra things. Luckily Charlie said he would pay me for doing his dirty work. Life is better than before, but knowing my luck, it won't be good for long. 

Later in the month-

I bought a laptop, I know I should have saved up but I couldn't.  I want to go to college and become a singer. I am saving up and I got a laptop to record and post my video's. I already have 106 views for one of my video's!

Tonight I am going to go and steal from the rich. It is going to be the most risky thing I have ever done in my entire life! I am about to leave-I have to walk otherwise they would track my car down and find me. I am leaving now.