Illusion

Harry stay true to his promise and the next week we were in the plane, flying all the way to St-Martin, in the Caribbean's. Only being on the plane alone with him was the best thing of all. No one to tell us what to do and not do, no bodyguard to look up after us and following us everywhere. We were on our own, minding our love business.

I had a friend that used to live in St-Martin and she suggested us the best hotel of the island. It was the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort, it was the most wonderful, romantic and luxurious hotel I have ever been in my whole life; and between us, I would have never though that I would ever go there.

The first day, we spent it entirely at the beach, getting our tan done, drinking mojito and pina coladas. In the evening, we went to the hotel's restaurant; it was so delicious! We shared a plate of shrimps aromatized differently; one part was spicy, another one was the classic lemon juice and spice and the last part was really sweet, tasted like honey or something like that. For dessert, we obviously took pastries!! Those are their speciality here in St-Martin.

***

The entire week has been the most amazing day of my life! We ate wonderfully, sun was always part of the game and Harry and I, mostly me, were not stress at all, not even a pinch of salt. We were letting things go, having fun, singing at karaoke (we were smashing everyone by the way!).

The last day has arrived; we though of spending it at the pool instead of the beach. The pool was so much impressive. There was a waterfall in the pool and plants were all around the pool as well. It was like we were in the jungle in some paradisiac place.

As we were relaxing on our chair, we overheard someone speaking of a magic trick show tonight. My eyes were wide open as I turned to Harry; I have not even said a single word and he just said: « Yes, we will go!» with a smile on his angelic face. I could not help but shout and smile so wide that my mouth could have broken.

***

After dinner, we went back to the room to shower and change. I decided to put on my "blue navy" long dress, because blue just fits so well with my skin and hair colour and also because it is one of Harry's favourite. As I get out of the shower, I noticed Harry was not there, not in the room and not on the balcony. A small note was written on the dresser: « I'm already by the pool; I will have saved us a place near the stage. Love xx». In a hurry, I quickly re-done my makeup, put on my favourite beige sandals and walked in the pool direction. When I arrived, Harry was sitting next to the stage, just as he said in his memo. He was so well dressed; my jaw dropped. It was like the first time I saw him, I felt butterfly in my stomach, my cheeks turned slightly to a pale pink, and reached him shyly. I had the most beautiful and amazing boyfriend in the whole wide world.

Harry: Wow, you are the most gorgeous girlfriend in the world. He said as he leaned to kiss me.

I blushed even harder and he just laughed, as he always does when I get all blushy with around him.

The magic show started. Everyone was in a maze; we were all attracted by the magician and his awesome tricks.

At one point of the show, he asked for a volunteer. Harry rapidly got up and said all enthusiastic: « I am!» He walked toward the stage on the magician made him jumped on it. The magician explain to him and everyone the trick he was going to do, he said it was something new, that he was trying on Harry tonight.

Magician: Tonight for you guys I will make Harry reveal his true self.

Everyone was cheering, screaming, and clapping hands. I might have been the only one stressed in the audience.

Magician: Harry, what is your last name sir?

Harry: Style, I am Harry Style.

Magician: Alright Harry. Just to explain you a little bit, I will make you close you eyes, I will tell you what I want you to do and when you'll open your eyes you will start to do this thing. Are you ready?

Harry: OH YEAH! More that anything. He shouted.

Magician: but first Harry, I want you to tell me who are you with, and what is his/her name.

Harry: Her name is Mary Hamfield and she is my lovely girlfriend. He said smiling widely, but blushing a little bit.

Magician: Everyone, let's greet Mary together!

Crowd: Hi Mary!!

Magician: Harry, on the count of 3 you will close your eyes and listen carefully to my voice. 1, 2, 3.

Harry closed his eyes and stayed ready for the instructions.

Magician: Right now Harry, I want you to dig in your head, and your heart, straight through your emotions. I want you to let it express it the best you can. Ready Harry? At 3 you will open back your eyes and express your feelings. 1, 2, 3!

Harry opened his eyes slowly, trying to reach me with eyes, trying to make eye contact.

Magician: Harry, how do you feel? Describe how you feel to the crowd.

He slowly walked to reach a mic that was few meters away from him. He started at me, looking for my approbation or something. I nooded my head and smiled at him; he smiled back and approached the microphone to his mouth, as he opened it shyly. He waited a few second and...

Harry: TELL ME YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE, it's not an illusion. I been thinking about the nights, And the dangerous tricks, People play on the eyes of the innocent, I could turn a lot of hearts

Into breaks with smoke and, Mirrors disappearing, Right in front of them, But believe me, I'm not trying to deceive you, I promise falling for me, Won't be a mistake.

He stopped harshly. He slowly approached me and as he leaned towards me he said slowly:

«No baby this is not an illusion, I've really got my heart out on my sleeve, Oh baby this is not an illusion, There's magic between you and me»

He dropped the mic, and as I was wondering what was going on...

He took out of his pocket a small black box, it look very luxurious.

As he opened it:

Harry: Mary Hamfield, do you want to be my wife for the rest of our whole crazy life? He said leaning down on one knee, with the cutest face no one have ever seen.

I looked at him, shocked. No words, neither sounds wanted to go out of my throat; I was frozen in the moment. I just could feel my heart that wanted to bounce out of my chest.

***This is my first writing since a little while. My writing ideas might have changed since when I first started the story. I want you guys to be honest and tell me what you thing about it! I will also continue 'The ballroom of secret' during winter break. Hoping to hear from you guys xxx***