Chapter 8: Fight or Flight

"Come to me, my child." Said a voice from above me.

I felt like I was floating as the voice spoke to me.

"Come on, open your eyes." Said the voice sweetly.

I opened my eyes and saw a strange sight. I was sitting in a chair in the corner of a room. There was a piano sitting in the middle of the room and several paintings hung on the wall.

Standing in front of me was a woman, she was extremely tall and had light brown hair that went to her back, brown eyes, fair skin and a flowing blue dress that nearly touched the ground.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't recognize me?" She said sadly.

I searched my memories for her and a single image came into my head. It was a slightly damaged picture of me as an infant. My father stood next to a woman who held me in her arms, the woman was identical.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Hello honey." She said.

I jumped out of the seat and embraced her.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You are dying, I took the chance to bring you to me." She stated.

I remembered the plan and what happened in a flash.

"I have to get back!" I exclaimed.

"In a moment, I need to tell you something." She stated.

"Yes." I said.

"You were destined to do great things before you were born, I didn't want to believe them, the terrible things that would happen to you. I want to help you and explain everything, but I am forbidden. All I can tell you is, never doubt." She said.

I hugged her tightly and felt a tear drop onto my head. I looked up to her and saw her crying with a smile.

"I love you, Lucas." She said.

"I love you too, mom." I replied.

"I have something for you." She said.

She leaned down and kissed me on the forehead and I felt a chill rush throughout my body.

She reached out and handed me a rock. It was the same rock I had been carrying for some time. But on it was engraved a strange symbol. At first glance I knew what it meant. Love. I flipped it around and saw another symbol. Power.

I started to feel light headed and she smiled again.

"Its time for you to leave. I've seen all that's in your future, you will do good and bad, don't doubt yourself." She said as my consciousness left.

* * * Alice * * *

I held Lucas' head in my lap as Arthur checked his wound.

Lucas sat up and crouched down.

"Lucas, you're okay!" I yelled.

He stood up and I hugged him, trying my best not to hurt him. He held me away and looked at me with determination in his eyes.

"Yes, I am. Get to the ship." He said as he turned to face the machine.

I hesitated but ran to the ship with Arthur and waited.