Prologue - Utopia

"I Exist."

Once upon a time, that's what I screamed out to the world around me.

But I didn't scream. I was quiet: I wrote it down on a blank sheet of lined paper in the middle of class, knowing that I could do anything I wanted with that sheet of paper, in the form of a story, written on lined paper. I was supposed to be taking notes, but I didn't take notes on that piece of paper. That was on another sheet of paper, the sheet of paper to the left.

I did the same thing every single day. Notes on one sheet of paper, my written story on the other. Side by side, both just as important as the other. The notes were important because I was supposed to be learning. The written story was important because it was who I was. It was the only place where I could be different from everyone else.

Everyone else in the room was taking notes. But I was the only person in the room that was writing a story. A story that I thought that I would have liked to read. But I wasn't the only person who did something other than taking notes, of course. Someone was texting on his or her Mobile. She was drawing. He was sleeping. I can't name every single thing.

And blank.

Once again, I don't know how to continue. Once again, the fire goes cold. But it's frustrating to say that, I want to keep talking about it. I don't want to stop, but what can I say...?! I'm drawing a blank... And it's so frustrating, it hurts. And it makes me want to cry.

Take a deep breath and listen to the music: Bring your thoughts into focus...

=================================================================

A/N - This prologue has been deemed obsolete in guise of the updated Prologue, which is the story's description on the previous page. This has been left unremoved for posterity. Please understand.