Part One- three

Micca’s POV:

I watch Solana and Adais play in the playground while knitting. I smile as I watch Solana tease Adais to go and play. They look so cute, running around, jumping, sliding on the play structure with the summer clothes I took out for them today.

The sun has been beating down all day, but it’s beautiful. The summer wind, the summer feel, it was wonderful. I take a small recess to enjoy the sun before I crouch back to my knitting. Yeah, it may seem weird for me to be knitting in the midst of summer, but really, the summer weather never lasts for long in Millsville. It’s always foggy around here, and I’ve grown accustomed to that. Some days the weather may be nice - which is barely ever- some days it may just pour and pour for hours.

On sunny days like these, all I can think about is Nikka.

She’s been gone for two years now. I have no idea where she is. I’m afraid, not for myself, but for Nikka. I don’t know how she’s going to pull through, and I have no idea of how she’s been living. I wish I could just call her up and ask her how she’s doing, but her number no longer exists.

It’s like she wanted her existence to be wiped off the face of the earth.

She left on a sunny day. Out of my life. Out of our lives. We all loved her, and perhaps not even I the most. Crew 4 - missed her badly, to me, it seems as if they’ve moved on, but I know deep in their hearts, the longing to see Nikka existed.

I’ve arranged for several people to be on the search for Nikka- all have come up with blanks. At the end of this year, perhaps, I’ll probably let them off the hook. Searching undercover for one woman in the whole world for three years doesn’t seem like a good job to me.

I hope that someday she’ll come back, like nothing ever happened- and we could be friends again.

I have to live on now, for my kids. Travis has been a good father, and I’m happy that he’s still around, coming in to see the kids once in a while. I haven’t seen Nicola or Adonis in a while, but I’m sure they still keep in touch with Travis occasionally.

I pack up my knitting items and stow them away in my big bag.

I call out to Solana and Adais as they whine and pout- they don’t want to leave the park, but I coax them, telling them that I would buy them ice cream on the way home.

We leave the park, and I have both children holding each of my hands.

I look back one more time towards the park and a sudden wind blows past, making my hair flow back, blocking my vision for several seconds.

I thought I had seen something for a moment there. I sigh and make a silent prayer, hoping something good would happen soon.