Part One: seven

The new incomers had left several minutes earlier, and the boss told me to keep a close eye on them.

Not like I had anything else to do.

But you wouldn’t believe how shocked I was when I saw my old team arrive through the glass doors of the underground meeting area.

Zimmer, Will and Harold looked as good as ever, talking happily amongst themselves until they saw me.

 I stood up, slowly, savoring the moment. The boss stood up as well, flattening out his crinkled shirt and tie.

I didn't know what to say.

Why were they here?

"And we're back." Will said, looking into my eyes.

Usually I wouldn't look away, but this time I did.

Smirks for the win.

"Missed you guys like hell," I commented as I hugged each of them, each responding with a smile.

Crew 4 was back online.

 ____________________________________________

"Alright guys," Boss put his hands flat out on the table, eyeing each and every one of us closely.

"This time I need you guys to handle a really tough case."

"Throw it at us boss," Harold said, laid back in his seat, turning his moss green cap backwards.

"It's-" He stopped midway as he nodded for Zimmer to say something.

Zimmer lowered his hand and spoke. "It's the case that Crew 3 is holding right?"

"Not Crew 3 in my eyes anymore. You guys are now the ace crew."

"Whoa." I said.

"How?" Will asked.

"Two years ago the first and second crew disbanded, so it was just down to your two teams."

Zimmer added, "But now Crew 3 has switched over to the White Blade."

"What? Since when? How?" I demanded.

"Calm down, Nikka," Harold said, but his face was just as shocked as mine.

“Since yesterday. They’re taking on a whole new job right now, and you know what I’m going to have you guys do?”

“Same job as them.” Zimmer said nonchalantly, putting out his cigarette.

“That’s it.” Boss pointed out.

Trust me, I’m just as confused as you are at this point.

“So, what’s the job?”

Boss lowered his eyes. “Making the Hot-Shot go down.”

“Woah, you serious?” Harold asked.

“As serious as ever. You guys have to find out what he’s hiding from the world- I’m afraid this is different than all your jobs combined- but you guys are the only ones I can trust now. You’re going to have to defeat White Blade, no matter what it takes to take it home.”

The room was suddenly extremely silent.

I wheeled my chair around, making a squeak.

“So Boss, where do we start?”

He grinned. “Thanks, Nikka.”