Chapter 4: Detroit

Detroit, Michigan

The only thing La'Shai could think about was what E-Dogg, her dad, was going to do to Cameron.

La'Shai and Cameron had been lowkey dating for about three months now and no one knew but her favorite cousin. She would have told her mother but everyone knew La'Nica Reynolds could not hold any type of secret.

"Shai what's wrong you making that face again" Taylor leaned over her desk whispering low enough for Shai to hear.

"Cameron grew a pair and decided to tell my damn daddy that we dating with his ding bat head ass I'm trying to think how I'm going to explain this shit" La'Shai sighed as she slumped back into her chair sighing deeply.

Taylor shrugged and went back to texting her boyfriend.

"Crystal are you going to participate or are you just going to sit there and ignore my lesson?" Mrs. Ross asked Crystal causing her to roll her eyes.

"The opposite of cosine is secant and the opposite of sine is cosecant while the opposite of tangent is cotangent. Yes I know my trigonometry; thank you." Crystal rolled her eyes and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled her phone out and read the message.

My baby- Baby meet me at Coney Islands after this class.

Okay. But Cameron I'm going to kick your ass

My baby- I know, I know just come.

La'Shai slipped her phone into the front pocket of her purse and leaned over telling Taylor that she was about to bounce. "Meet me at the house after school and we'll go take care of business" Shai said sliding up out of her chair.

"Ms. Marx where are you going?" Mrs. Ross asked as she moved towards La'Shai's desk and extend her arm out holding in her hand a big brown envelope with Crystal's name on it.

Crystal took the envelope from her and began to break the seal off of it and pulled a stack of paper from the envelope beginning to read it.

Dear Ms. Marx,

I want to formally invite you on the environmentally and educationally based trip that will happen in two weeks.

This trip will be taken at Virginia Beach,Virginia. Students were carefully selected to enhance their advantages as they engage in real life situations. We will be staying at Best Western located on Virginia Beach's beach front. This trip will cost nothing. Money should be brought in order to buy souvenirs.

If you plan to attend this trip touring the seven cities of Hampton Roads Virginia please check the box and have a parent sign.

Sincerely
Mr. Smith

"I'll go but only if Taylor can come with me" Crystal replied looking back at Taylor who looked confused.

"Go where?" Taylor remarked looking up from her phone in her lap as her smile quickly began to fade.

"She didn't get a invitation so she won't be attending" Mrs. Ross cut Crystal off before she could reply.

Crystal placed her hand on her hip and tilted her head to the side. "I said she's coming, so she's coming. Money isn't a problem so why can't she come? Do I need to call my mother back up here?" Her lips formed into a grin as she watched Mrs. Ross's face go from arrogant to terrified.

La'Nica had beat the hell out of Rosa Ross two weeks prior because Ross had switched Crystals grade with some other girls in the class. La'Nica initially had a cool, calm and collected attitude until someone fucked with her kids.

Ross had an attitude from the jump, not knowing what kind of temper La'Nica had.

"There's no need for threats Ms. Marx, I'm not in control of the trip anyways go talk to Ms. Mack" Ross said shrugging as the bell rang dismissing the class.

Crystal walked out of class with her vintage Dolce and Gabanna handbag and started towards the door and out to her car.

She sped through the streets until she reached her destination. She immediately spotted Cameron blue Bugatti revved up and blasting Travis Scott 'Antidote'. As soon as Cameron noticed her he jumped out of his car pulling the key out of the ignition and jogged towards her. "Hey baby" he pulled open her door for her as she cut the ignition in, the car.

"Hey stupid" Crystal tilted her head to the left as she began stepping out of her 2016 custom made black and pink printed camouflage interiored Escalade and wrapping her arms around him. They shared a small kiss before walking into the restaurant together and ordering their food before sitting down.

"Cameron what the hell possessed your ass to tell him that we dating?" Crystal asked with a devious smile displayed across her lips.

"He should know shit. We been together for a minute La'Shai so now its time our parents meet each other" Cameron grinned looking across the table at her.

"You gone come to Virginia Beach with me and Taylor?" She asked as she sipped the fruit punch she retrieved from the counter.

"With the school shit shit? I guess so but you know E-Dogg gone be out there too right? That's where his next big drop at. Maybe I can help him out a little" He said getting up going to receive their food from the lady behind the counter. He thanked her before walking back to his seat.

When he sat back down Crystal was on the phone laughing with someone. "Girl you know I'm coming out there right? In about two weeks? I'll get you a room with me and Taylor alright? Bye Bri baby."

"Your bestfriend staying with you? You know my boy been trying to get with her since them years ago when they met" Cameron chuckled thinking back to Marcus who was in love with Briarnnia.

"I don't see how and the child lives on the other damn side" they both laughed and dug into their meal.

"I'll cut your esophagus out and surgically remove your arms and shove them up your ass then make you eat your fingers you ever hurt my Princess" E-Dogg just finished threatening the life out of Cameron. Although E-Dogg trusted Cameron he would never tell him that.

Crystal had to stop herself and Taylor from laughing several times. E-Dogg dapped Cameron up and kissed Crystal's forehead.

"You have my word Sir" Cameron said dapping him back.

"You take care of them both on that trip and you two be careful out there I don't want to have to put a cap in nobody's ass" Crystal and Taylor nodded promising they would. "Your sister's coming too Shai" he said grinning.

"Hell nawl they can't come, nope" Her sisters were hell raisers. One talked the most shit and the other was always fighting.

"That's too bad I already bought there tickets when your mother told me. Y'all will have fun, and they'll make sure there's no funny business" He eyed Cameron and Crystal looking back and forth between them before turning on his heel chuckling walking away.

Chapter inspired by @lowkeyfireworks