Chapter 17

2 Weeks Later

"Mom. Go get the door" I yelled from the couch in the apartment that we were renting out.

Well Lyn and Shai paid for it and lived across the hall. In two weeks they all have made a way for me and my mother to comfortably live until I'm back on my feet.

The trip with the school went back last week and cut the trip short since my injury. I didn't know that me getting shot would stop all of that. I felt terrible but everyday I have to remind myself that it isn't my fault. It's not my fault that I got shot. Its not my fault that I'm in Virginia instead of Chicago. It's not my fault that my mother is being forced to live off of children that are younger than her. It's not my fault that I can't walk. None of this is my fault right?

Wrong.

It's all my fault actually.

I have been crying more often than ever lately and I hate it. My eyes began to water and I knew what was coming next. I was concentrating on not letting the tears fall when I heard my mothers footsteps from the kitchen causing me to straighten up. I hated crying in front of people. I quietly thanked God and watched my mother open the door for Shayla, Shai, Monica and Lyn.

"Hey Ms. Chanel" Almost all of them said in unison or waved. They came to visit me everyday since I've been out. I love them so much. They were all holding bags filled with groceries and games and other assorted materials.

"Hey y'all. What y'all got?" I asked eyeing the bags as everyone sat around me Lyn being the very closest. The started to pull contents from each of their bags.

"Well I have the snacks" Shai said as she begin to unpack two bags full of snacks. "I got fruit rollups, icecream, starbursts, Kit Kats, Oreos, Chip Ahoys, marshmallows and a large Hawaiian fruit punch." She said spreading everything out in front of us.

"I got games and fun shi- I mean things to do" Shayla started until she heard my mother clear her throat. "Well I got some nail polishes, fake nails, I bought sorry, trouble,movies and uno. I also got a Wii and some Mario games." She said pushing her things beside Shai's.

"Shai got snacks I got a real meal for us to eat." Monica said as she sat on the floor and began to pull the contents of her bag out onto her lap. "Frozen pizza, meatballs and pizza rolls, mozzarella sticks, burritos, farm fresh chicken, hot sauce and baked macaroni and cheese" She smiled up at me. Monica has really been going through it.

She tries to hide the fact she feels guilty for my shooting. At first she didn't like the idea of Givenchy, Cameron and Deonte going on the hunt for Terrence but she's become accustomed to it. She doesn't really say much about it though, which is different because she always speaks openly about her opinion. Most definitely with things she doesn't like.

I can see it written all over her face. The fellas are always gone for a long amount of time and when they come back its usually because they have news for my mother on their track to find Terrence. Monica always leaves the room when she knows that they are going to speak on the situation.

I looked over at Monica and I couldn't breathe. Everything was taken out of me. I froze and yet was struggling to breathe. A flashback hit me and hard.

"Cheyanne let's dance" Lyn suggested as she pulled me to the part of the floor where everyone was dancing and  grinding on one another. I could already tell that Lyn was ready to get loose and have a little fun and so was I. She stepped in front of me and swayed her plump ass directly on my front. I gripped either side of her hips and rocked back and forth with her. Lyn placed both her hands on her knees and bent over and began to shake her ass out of control. We were starting to grab everyone's attention at the party. I slapped her ass while leaning over her jiggling mines. I took a small step back and bumped into someone.