Chapter 27

"Damn ma you don't think you ordered too much food?" Shai asked taking her seat in between her mother and Josh.

"Not messing with y'all. Y'all all know y'all can eat" She said looking at her knowingly. Shai, Josh, Lyn, Cheyanne, Givenchy and Monica had made it to the table first and were ready to dig in. "Don't touch anything until everyone else gets here." Right after those words slid out of her mouth the iPhone ringtone blasted from someone's phone. It was Cheyanne's she answered it rolling her eyes.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU" the other person on the line was screaming.

"Ma calm down I'm at Shai's house I'm fine" Cheyanne figured the hospital blow up was all over the news and it scared the hell out of her mother.

"Well send me your location I'm in the city i I need to make sure your okay" She stated firmly causing Cheyanne to roll her eyes because of her overprotective mother.

"Yes mom, Mama Nica you mind another guest? It's my mother" Cheyanne spoke still holding the phone to her ear.

"You know I don't mind darling she's more than welcome" Mama Nica spoke as soon as Deonte and Shayla came into the room and took their seats.

"Well then, you think we got enough people for all this food mama?" Deonte joked before pulling out Shayla's chair which was placed next to Monica and taking his seat beside Shayla.

"I think now we may not have enough still especially with more guests coming. I might just order some if we need it" Mama Nica explained before getting out of her chair going to grab 3 large Hawaiian Punch juices. Each of them different colors, one was green, red and blue. She brought them back to the table hugging them in her arms as the doorbell rang.

"Well it didn't take them no time to get here" Cheyanne rolled her eyes after her smart remark was casted. Lyn squeezed her thigh up under the table and looked at her with her big brown eyes. Cheyanne could have swore there was a twinkle in them but she also wished that she'd stop grabbing her thigh like that because it was causing waterfalls. Her wish had came true until Lyn stared rubbing on her thigh.

Mama Nica went to answer the door at the same time Marilyn and Joe, Lyn's parents, were coming down the stairs for dinner. Lyn jumped out of her chair and ran towards her parents throwing her arms around them. It had been so long since she seen them and she was about ready to cry.

Chanel and Carter both smiled when the door was pulled open revealing La'Nica's face. "If it isn't the infamous La'Nica Reynolds who starts all the shit and a very evasive troublemaker" Chanel chuckled as she spoke and wrapped her arms around Nica's neck as they shared a hug.

"No fucking way you Cheyanne's mother?" She said as she directed every adult towards the dinner table. They had to pull up some other chairs but it wasn't much of a big deal.

Chanel ran straight to Cheyanne and hugged the life out of her causing Lyn to move her hand. "Hey mama Chanel" Lyn said earning a hug and a kiss to the forehead.

"I'm just so glad all of you are safe." She chimed as Carter cleared his throat.

"Baby come sit down they are okay. You annoying her" He said chuckling as he read Cheyanne's facial expression. Chanel waved him off hugging her baby a few seconds longer.

"Shutup this is my baby I have to make sure she's okay. I'm glad the rest of y'all are okay too. I feel like I'm going to have to keep ALL of you on a tight leash" She states finally taking her seat beside Carter.

Finally everyone was gathered at the dinner table and was ready to dig in and hear this epic story about what happened in the hospital. The door bell rang once more.