Chapter 21

Cheyanne POV

"Okay change of plans. I'm coming with y'all since Shai has no choice but to leave tonight with Shayla going with her." I challenged already knowing that my parents were going to object to my demands.

"I'll be damned" My dad said not looking up from his cell phone. I ignored his statement and averted my pleading eyes towards my mother. The nerve of my father who has been a ghost and a shadow for years has the audacity to try to tell me what I can and can't do. Now of course I can't voice this opinion aloud without being slapped so I just keep my mouth shut. It's weird, the kind of relationship me and my father have. It's not like I hate him it's just I hate the way he did things.

"Well maybe she could tag along. She's with us and we can watch her and make sure nothing happens to her." My mama said sticking up for me. I was about to start jumping and bouncing around but stopped myself before injuring myself further.

"Chanel. You think she's ready for shit like this? I know you heard about what's been going on in the streets back home. But are you ready for her to be exposed to this lifestyle right here and today?" My father looked at my mother directly in the eyes and I watched her as she blinked twice and turned her head towards me. My body shivered and then jolted with electricity. I'm finally making my own decisions. I had to calm my bubbly insides. I did not want them to think that I was being childish or treating this like a game. I slowly began to nod my head while looking her in the eyes.

"I'm ready. Daddy I know what you used to do. That's the reason why most boys won't date me. I'm not sure why the people you pissed off never came after me and mom; then again they probably wanted us to suffer from the loss of Calvin still but I'm not dumb dad. I understand and if I don't I'm sure it won't take me long too. Just give me a chance I'm almost grown thank you" I raised my voice but not too loud but just enough so that I got everyone's attention.

"Well Carter let the damn girl come. She's safer with us anyways. Somebody go see if Cameron goofy faced ass then calmed down" My mama said making me laugh. She play too damn much. Givenchy and Deonte got up and went to check I guess and Lyn and Monica stood up putting on their shoes and shit and I grabbed my crutches and started to wobble out of the door. I was feeling myself and tried to apply pressure by walking without my crutches and standing straight and I immediately felt the pain. I need to make better life decisions. I nearly fell over as my crutches fell to the ground and Lyn caught me.

"Chey! What the hell" Monica screamed as Lyn helped me back on the couch. Monica covered her mouth and apologized to my parents when she realized they were still in the room.

"Girl you better stop that shit before you fall and nobody here to catch your head ass. You really better stop that shit" My mama was about to start in my ass. I rolled my eyes while I was looking down but stayed silent  while she kept ranting on how bad I could have hurt myself. The door opened and Givenchy, Deonte and Cameron walked through it. Cameron looking like somebody then sicked an attack dog on his ass. He walked in trying to hide the limp in his leg, busted lip and swollen jaw. I turned my head away from him to keep from laughing. Not that I'm trying to be mean but this nigga really got his ass beat by a white boy. How the fuck. I'm starting to question if he even really a hood ass nigga. It was some good action though Cameron got some good licks in but I think he came out looking worse than ole white boy.

They were all decked out in all black with the meanest mugs on their faces. The way they stood looked a bit scary but I shrugged it off since one just got his ass beat, the other is pussy whipped and the other one is just retarded. They all retarded. I busted out giggling from my thoughts and they all looked at me crazy I shook my head and waved them off.