Age 10

~Age 10~

They walked through the hallway, laughing happily with each other, on their way back from lunch to the classroom. Cheerful conversation resumed between them, a glow of cheer exuding from both of them.

Light poured in from the windows they passed as they walked, shimmering on their ivory skin and making their eyes shine brightly. The steps the twins took were in sync, their smiles and laughs the same. However they were still very different. Sebastian had kinder body language, speech patterns, and mannerisms. Azarius was more mischievous and sharp where as his barely shorter brother was softer and round. Like a triangle and a cone.

They were some of the last kids to enter the room before the teacher came back to start class once again. Sebastian followed his orange eyed brother to his table of desks and set next to him in another student's chair, (a girl named Maryanne) to listen to the story he was telling.

"So when she opened the door the bucket of water fell on her! She was drenched! You should have seen it Seb! You would have loved it!" The emerald eyed boy giggled and nodded.

"I believe you, but you didn't hurt her did you? Because that's just mean." Azarius rolled his eyes and placed a hand on his twin's shoulder, looking into his eyes, showing a face of doubt.

"Sebastian, really? Who do you think I am?" His orange eyes flashed, making the younger boy blink in confusion. Nonetheless, he smiled lightly and let out a small laugh.

"My big brother..." He answered, intentionally stroking Azarius's ego. The older boy grinned proudly.

"That's right!" Suddenly, a little girl with two long blonde pigtails stood in front of the boys, clasping her hands together and rocking on her heels. Azarius's smile wavered a little, but didn't leave his handsome face. He cocked his head.

"Can I help you?" He asked, blinking at her. The blonde girl fiddled with her fingers, drawing her eyes away.

"W-Well umm... t-that's my seat that Sebastian's sitting in..." The said boy blinked and smiled at the blonde girl.

"Oh, sorry! I was just sitting here for a minute to talk to my brother." Azarius narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah. He'll go in a minute, ok? I'm trying to tell a story, so." Sebastian frowned and swatted his older twin.

"It's fine Azar, it's not a big deal." Maryanne fidgeted and looked back up at the boys.

"I-It's just that class is starting soon... I don't want the teacher to be upset when she sees that we aren't in our correct seats..." Sebastian opened his mouth to speak, but Azarius beat him to it.

"Yeah well we still have like three minutes. Think you can wait that long? Yeah thanks." Those orange eyes burned deeply. Sebastian frowned deeper and rolled his eyes, slowly pushing out of the chair.

"Here, don't worry." He gestured the girl to the chair and smiled gently. Maryanne smiled and scurried over.

"Thank you. See, this is my seat." She pointed to the name tag at the top. Sebastian nodded.

"Yeah, I understand."

"Yeah, he gets it Mary, don't rub it in." Sebastian gave his brother a half hearted glare.

"Don't be rude, Azar. I'll see you at the end of class ok?" With that, Sebastian walked to his table where the other kids happily welcomed him back.

Sebastian had always been the sweeter, more patient, approachable twin. Whereas his brother Azarius was colder, more rigid and in general unknowingly rude. However, their personalities clashing was actually what kept them close. They always had different opinions and logic. Seb thought about things more long term, planning carefully, and kept his cool better. Azar was impulsive, high energy, and hardly thought things through. They were a perfect pair of siblings, or so everyone thought. The most remarkable thing was how much they cared for each other. Azar would always do everything to please his "little" brother and keep him happy. This included setting an example, having Sebastian always follow and not lead and sometimes doing things he thought the boy would like before actually asking.