chapter 1: Growing Pains

The Fudo siblings had been hit with various changes and not just their ages, they were becoming school students and in a real public school. After Mo finally found a job and while Akito, Estelle, and Vincent did enjoy their home tutoring provided by Tech E. Coyote after Mo had to find herself a job to help provide for the family, the kids decided they would like to go to a public school. Atticus and Mo made sure to send them to a less as strict about rules public school and to make sure it would do a lot better for them than their first public school experience with their cousin did when they were much younger.

"Mo, I found the perfect school for the kids to go to." Atticus smiled.

"Oh, how lovely!" Mo beamed, very anxious. "I just hope it turns out better than Hawthorne Prep and Lady Beatrice's Boarding School..." she then pouted, knowing how public school just didn't fit their children, just because it could work for friends of theirs did not mean that it would work for them.

"But, um, for this to work, we're going to have to move to Southdale." Atticus said.

"We have to move?" Mo frowned.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mo..." Atticus sighed to his wife. "You had to know this would happen sometime."

"I know..." Mo looked out the window, sounding like a child upset about leaving their childhood home. "We've just made so many friends here... What about our old friends?"

"We'll keep in contact with them, I promise, and besides, we also have magic on our side." Atticus assured her.

"Yeah, I guess, but it's just that it's going to be a big change, especially for the kids." Mo sighed.

Dot laughed wildly as she ran inside the house with Fluffy, Scruffy, and Spot chasing her, they all accidentally tracked mud into the house.

"Guys!" Mo shrieked. "I just mopped the floor! Oh... I think it's time for a bath..."

"Sorry..." the dogs told her.

"It's fine... I'll take care of it..." Mo sighed. "Oh, gosh, I sounded just like my mother!"

"Well, that's what happens when you become a mother," Atticus said before whispering to his wife. "We'll tell the kids later tonight."

Mo nodded in agreement. "I just hope they take it well... One of my foster families just moved away from me and Angel before we met you."

"Well, all we can do is hope," Atticus said. "Anyways, better get dinner ready."

Mo went to the kitchen.

"Uh, why don't I do it?" Atticus offered. "You rest..."

Mo smiled small to him, gave him a quick hug, and retired to the couch.

"Alright, time to make a delicious meal." Atticus said before rolling up his sleeves and going into the kitchen.

Mo lay down on the couch and took a deep breath, trying to relax herself. While she was relaxing, Atticus was cooking up a delicious meal that would hopefully soften the news to their children. Mo smiled in her sleep as she smelled the food. Angel came to her mistress and nuzzled against her arm.

Mo giggled a little. "Quit it..."

"I can't help it, Mo, it's what we dogs do to our owners." Angel smiled.

"Yeah, yeah..." Mo chuckled.

"So, what's wrong exactly?" Angel asked, lying down on the floor next to the couch. "Something about moving?"

"We have to move..." Mo sighed. "I finally found a job and that means the kids will have to go to school."

"Oh, my, well, how do you think the kids will react?" Angel asked.