chapter 5: The Neighbors

The next morning was unpacking day for the Fudo family. The kids found the rooms they wanted and they were helped with unpacking. Luckily for the Fudo family, they were right next door to another family and where they seemed to come over to help their new neighbors. Mo panted and wiped her forehead as she handled another box. There came a knock at the door.

Mo decided to get it and answered it, smiling once she saw one of her new neighbors. "Hello, there!"

"Hello, we're your neighbors next door, we saw that you all had a lot to unpack and decided to come and help." A woman smiled.

"Oh, thank you kindly..." Mo smiled. "We'd appreciate that... Oh, sorry, where did I park my manners? I'm Monique Fudo, but please, call me 'Mo'." she then extended her right hand.

"Pleased to meet you, Mo, I am Karen Clark, and this is my husband Cal Clark, and our four kids, Lee, Marc, Megan, and the youngest and cutest of them all, Tony." Karen introduced.

"Ooh, four kids, huh?" Mo chuckled bashfully. "I thought three was a handful... I got twins myself."

"Oh, are they boys or girls?" Cal asked.

"Actually a girl and a boy," Mo explained. "Our boy's name is Akito and our girl's name is Estelle."

"What lovely names." Karen smiled.

"Hey, Mom, do you know where my art supplies is?!" Vincent's voice called down from upstairs.

"Umm..." Mo hummed, then found the box that was on the floor next to the new couch. "Oh, it's down here, dear!"

Vincent then came right down to get his art supplies, but stopped once he saw the new people. "Oh, hello..." he tried his best to be social.

"This is my oldest son, Vincent," Mo introduced him. "Vincent, this is Karen Clark and her family her husband, Cal, their oldest son, Lee, their daughter Megan, their middle son, Marc and their youngest son, Tony."

"Um,... Heh... Hi..." Vincent waved friendly.

"You're an artist?" the girl, obviously Megan, asked.

"Yeah, I really like to paint and do art." Vincent smiled.

"Interesting..." Megan smiled.

Vincent smiled back. "Excuse me..." he then went up to his room to put his art supplies up.

"So, why don't you all come in then?" Mo asked.

The family smiled and helped themselves into the Fudo house.

"I'll go upstairs and help Estelle with her room!" The oldest son, obliviously Lee, volunteered.

The others glanced to him.

"Uh, if that's okay..." Lee smiled bashfully.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, just knock first." Mo warned.

"I will!" Lee dashed upstairs to find the girl known as Estelle.

While he did that, the rest of the Clark family went off to help out through the rest of the house.

Estelle was looking at her old Monster High dolls and wondered if she should keep them or not. She then heard a knocking at her door. "Coming!" she called before going over to the door. She hid the dolls behind her back with one hand and opened it with the other.

"Hello, I'm hoping you're Estelle." Lee greeted.

When she saw him, she instantly recognized him from the vision.

"Um, y-yes, my name is E-Estelle." Estelle said with a curtsy.

For the first time in Lee's life, this was the first girl who had ever done that and where she had looked beautiful and when he looked into her eyes it was like looking at a princess.