chapter 24: Getting Back To Herself

Isabella's POV
I got back from the hospital yesterday morning. the doctor said I wasn't exactly cleared to go to school but I really needed to take that algebra 2 test.

it was 7:00. I called my principal and told her I might be a little late due to my injury. she said it was fine just call her when I got to school. I had on some blue jeans and a white jacket, it was to cold outside.

I asked Amanda could she lace up my sneakers before her and Timothy left. I wasn't the type to take sympathy well so instead of that big ass arm sling I just had Ana wrap my shoulder extra tight.

I wouldn't be taking off my jacket anytime soon. Jake texted me and told me he was gonna watch me like a hawk to make sure I don't leave to the field.

I didn't feel like begging him to let me go out there. he was a 6'3 football player who barley had a soft spot. he want gonna give in at anytime.

I grabbed my book sack and threw it over the shoulder that wasn't hurt. apparently I was in a small coma for like two weeks and when ever Sydney tried to fix my hair, the nurse refused.

so for two weeks my hair looked like who did it and why. it took Amanda two hours to comb threw it. when she finished washing it she put it in a curly ponytail and sprayed some water on it.

my phone rang. "hello?"

"open the door." I heard Alicia say.

"okay." I closed the door to my room and went to the front door. Alicia was still in her driver seat. she blew her horn at me, signaling me to come on.

I locked the house door and ran to get in the front seat. it didn't take us long to reach the school, but when we did I soon regretted it.

once I walked in all I heard was "oh that poor girl, dang she looks rough, she should kick Marrisa's ass." the last one I agreed with.

if Marrisa just woulda listened to me and left when I told her to I most likely wouldn't have a hurt shoulder.

I got to my locker. I put my key in the lock and twisted. it popped off. I opened my locker and grabbed my two notebooks off the top shelf and carefully put then in my bag.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and I closed and locked my locker back. before I walked into class I called my principal an told her I was here.

"aw welcome back ms. Martin." my teacher said. I smiled shyly an went to the back of the class.

all through my classes people kept asking if I was okay. I was fine with it till at lunch a boy tried to feed me a egg roll.

it was highly weird. I got annoyed quickly after people kept asking if I needed them to write for me.

like come on now. I got shot in the right shoulder, an I'm left handed ! so I'm fine I can mange perfectly.

my shoulder started hurting during 7th period. Jake was in this class an he offered to go get my pain killers out my locker.

when he got back he had a water with him. he handed me the water an opened my pills. he gave me two.

sooner or later they kicked in. I felt as if I was on cloud eleven. or is it cloud nine ? I dunno I just know it felt so damn good.

it was finally 8th period. I kinda felt bad I wasn't allowed to go out to the field, but the way those painkillers were working , laying on the bleachers in the gym with my headphones in was good enough for me.

I seen Jake running towards me. he was saying something but J.cole was blasting in my ear so I just seen his lips moving.

I snatched a earphone out as I slowly lifted myself up. "what the hell is wrong with cha?" I asked him. "how bout the fact that your shoulder is damn near broken and you wanna lay on this hard and bench." he complained.

to be completely honest Jake was right, I shouldn't be laying on the bench but I bet I'd never tell him that, time to argue .

"man I'm damn grown I don't need you to babysit me." I lied. I did need him, without him I probably would have slipped off the bleachers and broke something more.

"come on." he said sternly. how he sounded it didn't sound like he wanted to play with me. he was dead serious.

I know when it's time to play and when it's time to give up. "fine." I said as I stomped away. the medication was working fine. I didn't feel my shoulders, I also couldn't feel my legs but he wasn't gonna know that.

I knew where he was taking me... it doesn't take a rocket scientist. he was taking me home. he felt I wasn't safe here.

I'm completely fine with it, I'm so damn sleepy it's ridiculous. I got in the car so kept him drive me home.

three weeks later....

it was 3:30 and school was finally over. I walked out to the field. Jake and my doctor had finally let me outside all without supervision.

I unzipped my jacket. I wrapped my pony tail around in a bun. I slipped my jeans off which exposed my spandex.

I made sure my shoes were tied and counted to three. "one... two... three..." I took off running.

I ran around the track once...

twice...

a third time...

a fourth time...

a fifth time...

a sixth time...

a seventh time...

a eighth time...

as I ran another lap I seen Jake on the track. I knew he was gonna make me stop cause I barley had on clothes and it was 55 degrees outside.

"hold it right there." he said as he caught me. "getting my heart rate up, it's been low for too long." I said checking my rate.

"that's fine but ten laps ? don't you think that's over doing it a lil yea' ?" he asked me handing me my jacket.

"no it's just what I need. I really think you went a little over with the numbers. I only ran like five." I lied.

I put my jacket on and slipped on my jeans. I grabbed my duffle bag and got into Jakes truck.

he drove me home. "are you ready for your game tomorrow?" he asked me as we pulled into my yard.

"been ready, wish that big ass girl would cross me." I said as I got out of the truck and headed to the door. he laughed and pulled out.

he knew how I felt about Johnson high's soccer girls, there all pigs. at least we are girly girls who are tough.

those girls are half man. no shade though.