chapter 31: Aftermath

I woke up at Sydney's house. I heard Sydney snoring. I got up and went to the bathroom. my hair was wet and I was in my shirt and some sleep shorts.

I don't remember anything that happened after I rode the horse through the field. I didn't have a headache but my head was buzzing.

or maybe it was my phone. I ran back to the room and it was Tim. he was calling me. I answered and tried to sound calm.

"hey Bella I get off in a little, you at home ?" he said sounding exhausted. "uh no me and Manda at Sydney house." I said.

"ohh alright well Ima call you when I'm on my way home." he said. he hung and I looked around I seen Amanda asleep on the floor with Sydney's dog.

she looked like she was having some good sleep. so I didn't bother her. I went into the bathroom and started to comb out my hair.

my hair smelled like week and my clothes reeked of beer. I took a quick shower and washed my hair. when I got out Sydney was awake.

"good morning girl." she said as she looked up from her phone. "hey Syd." I said closing the door.

"can I borrow a shirt and pants?" I asked her. "I can do you better." she said as she got up and opened one of her many bright yellow drawers.

"those are all yours." she said as she laid back in her bed. "I never realized I left this much stuff." I said as I went through the drawer and picked something out.

I put on the clothes. I got back in Syds bed. "what happened last night ?" I asked her. "I'm tryna figure that out." she said looking at her phone.

Tim drove all of us back to my house. Syd got in my bed until I was dressed and ready. I put on something plain, no need to be extra.

my hair was a hot mess so I just combed it out and left it crinkle. I woke Sydney up and I drove us to school.

school went by good, people were still telling me happy birthday but I was starting to get sad as the day went on.

tomorrow was the 16th.

the guy I had met yesterday was in my fourth hour class. he sat in front of me . I still didn't even catch his name.

"you never gave me your name." i whispered to him. "Hunter." he whispered back to me. I smiled.

the lunch bell rang and class was dismissed.

"so ms. soccer player what are you doing after school ?" he asked me as he followed me. "I have practice." I snickered to myself.

"what about tomorrow?" he asked. my heart skipped a beat. "uhh I have morning practice then I have errand to run tomorrow afternoon." I said as I walked to my locker.

"what about tomorrow night ?" he asked still not giving up. "that would be fine. just text me." I said an walked away from him.