Moving To LA(Part 2)

Luke

Sydney, Australia

Luke was both excited and devastated about leaving home. It was going to be an amazing experience in a whole new country, but he was leaving the place he was born and raised in his whole life. Though he didn't look it, with his skinny jeans, black band tees, and lip piercing, Luke was at the top of all his gifted class, earning him a scholarship to Ember High Boarding School. Not only that, but Luke will also be joining the music program. He was blessed with musical talents and good looks, but that didn't help with him being socially awkward. Yes, Luke thought of himself as a much smarter, yet shyer and quieter version of his brothers, but unlike his brothers, who can get any girl they wanted in the blink of an eye, Luke couldn't talk to one if he tried. He'd probably stutter and say something out of the blue that had nothing to do with the conversation. Hence why he has never had a girlfriend before.

Jack and Ben were fighting over who'd get to drive little brother, Luke, to the airport, with a lot of pushing, shoving, and name calling involved. The argument ended with their mum pulling the key out of their prying hands and insisting, more like demanding, she'd take Luke herself. After some whining and more arguing, it was final and Luke was being dropped off by his mum, which he had no problem with.

Grabbing his luggage, consisting of more hair gel than clothes, and  clean, leather guitar case, Luke gave his father a hug goodbye, and walked out the door. Jack and Ben were on his heels and waited for Luke to carefully place his guitar and luggage in the trunk, before attacking him in a group hug, but ended up looking more like a dog pile. Pulling away, the boys rubbed Luke's crown with their fists and let go for good.

Luke sat in the passenger seat and buckled up. His mum was waiting in the driver's seat, tightly holding his hands. The baby bird was leaving its nest.

Luke turned to see his brothers were already staring at him. He could see they were almost about to cry. Almost. But Luke on the other hand, was nearly sobbing as they drove out of the driveway.

Little did he know, this was just the beginning.

Michael

Sydney, Australia

A day old half empty box of pizza lay under a pile of clothes.

"Ah ha!" Michael submerges from the bathroom to find a mess he has made in his own filth. "I knew I left this somewhere." Michael threw away the pizza and put away the pile of dirty clothes.

He had just finished dying his hair a bright color red and dumped all his other hair dyes into his luggage. Leave it to Michael to pack the very last minute.

Instead of neatly folding his clothes, Michael grabbed all the peice of clothing he owned, and stuffed it into his bag. "That should do it." He nodded in approval, as if proud of his accomplishment.

"Mikey! Come down, why don't you?" He cringed at his mother's nickname for him.

"I'm coming!" Michael grabbed his things and left the room, but not before looking through his mental checklist in the mirror.

Green Day shirt. Check. Skinny jeans. Check. Combat boots. Check. The greatest fucking hair I'd even seen. You bet your ass that's a check. Michael gave himself a smirk before meeting his mum at the bottom of the stairs.

He had mixed feelings about moving to LA, especially about moving alone.

Getting into the car, Michael's mum sensed it right away.

"You alright, Kitten?"

"Course." He stared out the window, avoiding eye contact.

"Babe, I know you're lying. What's wrong?"