Extra Chapter

Hey guys. I realized that I made a huge mistake in writing this and that I should probably go back and fix it, so that's what I'm doing. (Shhhh I know I'm a year late but I'm fixing it anyways.)

I'm sure a lot of you guys already know what the mistake is, but I'm still gonna let y'all find out when you read. So, enjoy! *wiggles eyebrows* (Btw, you and Ed are going to be 15 in this one. Be happy it's NOT 11.)

***

You looked outside of the window at the pale snow dusting the ground. Snow doesn't happen often here in Resembool, but whenever it does, you usually don't hesitate to make snow angels and build snowmen. However, this time, you didn't. Because all of those times before, Edward was with you.

"What're you doing?" Winry asks you, slipping past your chair and starting to rummage in the kitchen. "Ed's not coming anytime soon."

"I know, but-" you started, then stopped in the middle of your sentence. You saw no use in talking to the blonde right now. Your energy was gone, and you were still a bit sore about the whole confrontation from last year. However, to your shock, Winry's blue eyes softened.

"I know what it's like," she mutters, eyes shielded by her bangs. "Waiting for a man who's hardly around. I'm sorry, [y/n]. I truly am."

You said nothing - only sat there and basked in what she just said to you. Sorry? You had a feeling she was sorry about more than just having to wait for the man you both loved. You were the one who was genuinely sorry. You wished you could've made amends like this sooner.

"I'm sorry, too," you pipe in.

Winry sighs and sits beside you, on the window sill. Her eyes were sad. "Don't be sorry," she assures you. "Dearest [y/n], I know it's late, but... I want to be friends with you from now on. I've been so childish."

"Of course we can be friends."

You glance out the window, then slowly open your mouth in shock. Your heart begins to race at the sight before you, and you glance around wildly, wondering if you were imagining things. You look outside once more, only to find that this was reality. That Ed is standing out there, walking towards the house, Al struggling to keep up in the snow.

"Go," Winry smiles sadly. "Go to him."

You felt completely overwhelmed. Finally, you managed to whisper a watery, "Thank you."

You stumble to get to the door, but when you do, you fling it open and go running out towards the blonde. The air was cooler than usual, but you didn't care. Not one bit. When you were close enough, you flung your arms right around Edward's neck, and he, being unbalanced, caused you both to fall in the powdery snow.

You stare into Ed's golden eyes, ignoring the sounds of his younger brother fan-boying in the background. Edward stared right back at you, and whispered only three words; "I missed you."

You both stood up and held each other's hands tight. Ed's was warm in yours, which meant you were standing on the left side of him. You began to walk around the snow-dusted countryside with him, not bothering to know where you were going, or why. All that mattered was his hand in yours.

"There's something I've been meaning to do," Edward says quietly, stopping you beneath a tree. You look around, sensing something familiar about this tree. Then, you were hit by your childhood memories. You remembered this tree - Ed, Al, and you would play here on a daily basis.

"What's that?" you ask playfully. "Swing on the tree swing again?"

"Though it's tempting, no." Edward was smirking. "I came here to give you a present.
One I owed you since we met."

You open your mouth to answer, but Edward takes the opportunity to swoop in and press his lips against yours. Never being kissed before, your eyes widen in shock. Nonetheless, you eventually melt into the kiss and just let it happen.

His lips tasted of something sweet. Edward sure did like candy, after all. He wraps his arms around your waist and brings you deeper into the kiss, allowing it to become more and more passionate each minute - as if he was making up for every lost moment with you while he was gone. When things began to get serious, you gently come away from the kiss.

"You're teasing me," Edward pouts, sticking out his bottom lip like a child. Never has childish seemed more attractive to you.

"You were my first," you breathe.

"First kiss?" Edward questions further, tilting his blonde head for clarification.

"That, and, the first man I've ever loved." Your cheeks turn bright red in color, and you look away in embarrassment at how cheesy that sounded. Almost as if it were straight out of a romance novel. Edward was bright red too, but obviously for different reasons.

"You too," he stammers. "And I'm glad that, of all people in the world... That person happened to be you."

The end~